Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-21 07:46:45

steve123c

Epic asks for confidential information in Chrome Safe Storage

In the latest version of Epic Browser when I first access  a web page a popup asks for access to "Chrome Safe Storage" in keychain.

Is this normal?

#2 2015-02-24 09:11:08

alok
Administrator

Re: Epic asks for confidential information in Chrome Safe Storage

Yes, this is in the Mac.  It's normal in chromium/chrome/epic...it's trying to access your logins in the keychain.  Some have reported this comes up way too often, let us know if that happens.

It comes up a few times for me in Epic on the Mac. 

We went back and forth on this, but left the default behavior as it is more secure to have a password manager like the keychain.

Alok

#3 2015-02-24 09:41:02

sai

Hello Steve,

All such messages come in Mac when Epic/Chromium/Chrome accesses  Keychain  . No other personal data is being taken.

Thank You
Sai

#4 2015-02-25 00:45:04

steve123c

If I keep hitting deny access it will keep coming up every time I first access a web page when I startup Epic.  I know that it is trying to access the password keychain storage for Chrome.  I am not currently using Chrome for password storage.  Is it OK then to answer "Always" so that it doesn't keep asking?

Older versions of Epic didn't prompt for Chrome Safe Storage before.

Thanks,

Steve

Board footer