Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-06-05 17:34:44

Says Installed But No Icon- Vista

Good Day:

I tried installing 3 times with each of 3 separate downloads.
Each time installer said installation was successful.

But there's no icon in taskbar or desktop, and when i check Programs & Features [Vista], it shows none of the now NINE installation attempts, actually installed.

Running Vista, SP2, 32 bit,  McAfee LiveSafe antivirus.

Any suggestions?    Oddly, Comodo IceDragon installed 1st time, but I'd prefer to try Epic!

#2 2015-06-19 13:05:31

Re: Says Installed But No Icon- Vista

I know the feel bro, I got the same problem.

#3 2015-06-23 22:15:13

alok
Administrator

Check your AppData folder to see if it's there. 

In a folder window type:  %Appdata%  then go to the "Local" folder then see if there's an "Epic Privacy Browser" folder, the see in "Applications" folder if there's epic.exe icon...

Alternatively, go to C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\Local

Sorry about the issue...not sure what's going on?!  Also, if the folder is there but has some strange stuff in it, delete all the Epic Privacy Browser folders in AppData then re-install Epic.

#4 2015-07-05 19:11:06

2sxro

Having the same problem. In appdata/local, all I have in the epic folder is an install folder, no executable.

#5 2015-07-18 11:52:35

houseofchaos

I have the same problem.  When I navigate to the Epic Privacy Browser folder in "Local" there is no Applications folder.  Help, please?  Also, I cannot even delete all the folders in AppData as my computer says they are in use.

Board footer