Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-08-05 07:24:12

yoshabourgea

Super-slow loading with epicsearch; other engines load quickly

Hi.  I've been using Epic for the last couple of months, and I really like it (how it works and what it represents politically).

One major snag, though, is how slow the process is whenever I attempt to search from within Epic.  Chrome has it done within a few seconds, while Epic sometimes takes more than a minute to load the new page.  It seems to be using Bing in some way, judging by the URLs, which isn't an option I chose.

And within Settings, the default engine is Epic -- and that is the only option.  Within Chrome or Firefox, there is no problem setting the search preference to other engines, even each other's.  I'd been using DuckDuckGo on both of them.

Is there something I don't know about how to choose a different default engine from within Epic, or is it (as it seems to be) not possible?  If it's not, why not?  Is Bing involved?

Otherwise, though, great work.  Thank you for doing what you do.

#2 2015-09-22 15:07:15

mtregunna

Re: Super-slow loading with epicsearch; other engines load quickly

I also have found that over the last few weeks, Epic has slowed down so much its almost unusable. I often give up and go back to Firefox which is much faster. I see this was posted about 6 weeks ago and there are other cases of the same problem on this forum. Come on Epic developers. Whats the solution. Is it because I now use Windows 10? Please help someone.

#3 2015-09-24 08:30:30

mtregunna

I have also been using Epic for some time now and recently mine has also got very slow. It seems to have started going slow around the time I installed Windows 10. Is it not compatible with Windows 10? Sometimes it is so slow loading web pages or even its start page, that I just give up and use Firefox which is still quite fast. I have read of a few other people with this problem, but no-one has come up with the solution. Maybe the developers can help.

#4 2015-10-09 11:41:55

Epic is under attack.Google is blocking Epic - using Epic - Use google find your page, copy the full address into Epic - links - http://epic-privacy-browser.software.informer.com/34.0/ - copy web-site/page Book mark it. Launch web-pages from Epic Folder. Good luck Epic

#5 2016-01-23 10:41:20

sdmc303

Im Not Twisted wrote:

Epic is under attack.Google is blocking Epic - using Epic - Use google find your page, copy the full address into Epic - links - http://epic-privacy-browser.software.informer.com/34.0/ - copy web-site/page Book mark it. Launch web-pages from Epic Folder. Good luck Epic

Is this still the case? Long work around...

I too have found Epic search very slow. Could it work with something like startpage ?

Nonetheless, it is a great browser and thanks for all the great work keeping it private.. smile

Board footer