Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-11-17 09:55:30

rashedameer

In windows 8 64 bit installation not completing

while installation epic browser not completing in windows 8 64bit operating system, it show it search for component. and no result.

#2 2015-12-02 13:00:14

sathi
Administrator

Re: In windows 8 64 bit installation not completing

Please type in an Explorer Window %APPDATA% and check the Local folder for a folder called "Epic Privacy Browser".  If it exists, then Epic likely did get installed in your system and is there for you to open.  If it doesn't exist, then it didn't get installed. 

We have a new update coming out next week, it may be best to wait for its release then to try re-installation.  You can also always email us.  Thanks!

#3 2015-12-15 00:08:54

chun

same for me

#4 2016-01-07 16:32:59

hcosta

sathi wrote:

Please type in an Explorer Window %APPDATA% and check the Local folder for a folder called "Epic Privacy Browser".  If it exists, then Epic likely did get installed in your system and is there for you to open.  If it doesn't exist, then it didn't get installed. 

We have a new update coming out next week, it may be best to wait for its release then to try re-installation.  You can also always email us.  Thanks!

I get the same error. In other entries in the the forum you keep saying that same fix to all but doesn't seem to fix it (at least to me). I'm experiencing this in a Windows 8 and 10 pro machine both 64-bit. Isn't there any workaround yet?

I've downloaded it yesterday from your site.

#5 2016-02-19 00:51:47

Windows XP, Epic Browser no longer works, its just Loading, and Keeps popping up "Issue message" The following page has become unresponsive. You can wait for it to become responsive or kill it.
After an hour or so Epic Browser goes to a black page.
Is this because of windows XP is no longer supported or getting updates from Micro soft.
I have been using Epic for years so this is all new to me.
Epic Browser works fine with windows 7.
Can you help.
Micro soft have just abandon 1 billion PC users of windows XP.
I like the faced that Epic Browser has 36% of the internet market over all. 80% in Morocco.
Twitter page Digger

#6 2016-02-29 20:11:36

CaryaBlack

Im Not Twisted wrote:

Windows XP, Epic Browser no longer works, its just Loading, and Keeps popping up "Issue message" The following page has become unresponsive. You can wait for it to become responsive or kill it.
Is this because of windows XP is no longer supported or getting updates from Micro soft.
Can you help.
I like the faced that Epic Browser has 36% of the internet market over all. 80% in Morocco.
Twitter page Digger

Well, at least I am not alone in this. Last week it worked fine but since Friday evening (26.02.2016) it no longer works. No page loading, I always get an error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleted all data I could find in between  - no solution found.

Is there a way to get epic back for my Win XP? Win7 doesn't run on my Laptop and no other browser is as fast as epic sad

#7 2016-02-29 20:17:09

CaryaBlack

Im Not Twisted wrote:

Can you help.
Twitter page Digger

I see I am not alone. I have the same error. Not even Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me. It just stopped working on February 26th.

Is there a way to this? My Laptop dosn't support Win7 and all other browsers slow me down terribly.

CaryaBlack

#8 2016-03-01 23:55:13

mex

I expierence the same problem in xp today - after update with the latest build epic simply stoped working in an incomplete stage -

For now I have epic uninstalled ( which by the way was quit a job with many many leftovers in regedit )

My plan was then to make a reinstall, but is that a wise move at these moment ??

Hope you will find a quick solution to this problem, cause I already miss the very great Epic !

#9 2016-03-04 06:05:28

grifjone

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Windows XP laptop - "Page unresponsive". Worked fine for a few years until this week. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Epic and also created a new Windows user profile thinking that the user profile I was currently using was corrupt - no change. I tested things by installing it on my Windows 7 desktop and it works like a charm.

#10 2016-03-08 17:38:45

mex

Come on Epic team, don`t let us sit back and look like a big question mark, could you kindly brief us on what is going on with this xp problem/issue ! ?

#11 2016-06-03 21:16:15

mex

What is it with you Epic team people ?  You release a uddate (now long time ago) wich cause malfunktion and is not working on xp, and so far you diden`t at least  answar or comment the questions to this problem.

Could you or anybody provide me /us with a link to a version that works on xp ?

Also I wonder why you simply not are present in forum, and when it`s needed most. I beginning to think you diden`t care much, and somehow let the users looking like fools. It`s a shame when you overall have such a great privacyfetures in that browser.

Board footer