Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-19 07:31:05

DaDarkStar27

Proxy mode lost??

Using epic to write this post. The proxy mode toggle is supposed to be in the upper right with the umbrella button, but they are not there. Has been this way since the initial download. Did I do something incorrectly?

#2 2013-09-19 11:09:25

sai

Re: Proxy mode lost??

Hi DaDarkStar27,

Can you tell me in which Epic are you facing this. I've seen this happen in Mac once in a while.

#3 2013-09-24 11:39:24

DaDarkStar27

I was positive I installed the version for windows. I'll try again to see if it fixes itself. Has it ever happened in windows?

#4 2013-09-24 21:48:32

alok
Administrator

We're getting reports of this issue from some users.  Please let us know your bit-version (32 or 64 bit) and which windows you're using (XP or 7 or 8).  We're not sure why this is happening but need help to try to reproduce the error & fix it.  Thanks for your help & sorry for the problem!!

#5 2013-10-09 03:23:27

Lavid-Dynch

I have the same exact problem. I am using windows x64 off of an SSD. I  also noticed earlier that the icon for Epic on my desktop as well as the one pinned to my taskbar got FUBARed to the default icon for a program that has no icon. I don't know if these are correlated, but I repinned and the taskbar one is fixed, but the one that appears on my desktop isnt. My umbrella and proxy button are both gone... this doesnt mean that i'm unprotected, does it?

#6 2013-10-16 16:04:06

alok
Administrator

If the tracker count isn't growing and you're not seeing notifications of trackers blocked, then our tracker blocker isn't working.  Your searches also won't be going over the proxy if there's no proxy.   

You're still protected in terms of private browsing mode being on and your browsing not being sent to google (assuming you're not doing all your searches at google.com in which case since the proxy isn't on, google is tracking your searches). 

We have had some reports of this issue but haven't been able to reproduce it - we don't know why on some systems, the umbrella and proxy services aren't being run - they are implemented outside the chromium core. 

Thanks for the system details.  Please let us know anything else you can - are you on Win7 or Win8?  We want to fix this but don't know what's happening or how to reproduce this!!

#7 2013-10-18 09:04:13

hello,
I have installed Epic on my pc in the corporate network, but does not respond in any way.

I have tried to go into the function "Settings" to configure the proxy, but does not respond

My configuration is:
OS Win XP v 2002 SP3, Symantec Endpoint protection

best
franco

#8 2013-10-25 11:24:25

sai

Currently Epic cannot be configured for internal proxies. We are adding this feature of adding multiple proxies.

Board footer