Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-21 23:24:19

Persistent icon pinned in the taskbar

Epic keeps pinning an icon to my taskbar.  I keep un-pinning it, but it keeps coming back.  Is there some way to defeat this?

My suggestion would be to remove this feature, and only do this on installation.

Pat

#2 2013-09-22 22:37:47

alok
Administrator

Re: Persistent icon pinned in the taskbar

Hi Pat!

So sorry about that.  It's a bug.  Chromium's default behavior is to do that on installation...we suspect something we're deleting on close of Epic is triggering Epic to think it's just been installed.

Nothing in chromium is easy to resolve but we hope to fix this in the next 72 hours.

Thanks for your patience, support & reporting this bug!!

#3 2013-11-22 04:48:47

NotQuiteDead

With the update of version 29.0.4.0, the dreaded random pinning of the browser icon in the task bar has returned.
Can't someone please find this bug and please - please make sure that it never returns again. I have moved back to using version 29.0.3.0 and have disabled auto-updating, until this horrible bug is finally vanquished in the source!

#4 2013-11-22 10:31:42

sai

Please uninstall Epic (at the bottom of wrench menu) and delete Epic Folder (%APPDATA%/Local/), do a fresh download the latest Epic from epicbrowser.com and install it.
That is a bug in the omaha installer, we have fixed it in new downloads, we are also working on updating the updater on already downloaded versions (which is likely to take sometime)

Board footer