Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-10-13 16:58:52

spamblaster

Unable to download Epic Browser for Windows

I spent over an hour looking for a link to download actual epic browser for Windows unsuccessfully. There is only a link provided to a downloader that connects to internet and downloads temporary file each and every time. This is a pain and not practical for many reasons. I use Firefox and extracting this temporary file from Firefox is beyond my skills. How can I download and save Epic Browser to my hard drive?

#2 2013-10-16 15:53:00

alok
Administrator

Re: Unable to download Epic Browser for Windows

Sorry about this issue.  We would like to offer an offline installer, but the problem is that updating it would be different than via our current online installer - so we don't offer it yet. 

Usually just running the downloaded file from our site should install Epic without any further actions on your part?!  Is your connection slow?  Does the online installation process keep failing and you have to do something yourself with these temporary files?

#3 2013-10-16 21:48:17

kmob

alok wrote:

Sorry about this issue.  We would like to offer an offline installer, but the problem is that updating it would be different than via our current online installer - so we don't offer it yet. 

Usually just running the downloaded file from our site should install Epic without any further actions on your part?!  Is your connection slow?  Does the online installation process keep failing and you have to do something yourself with these temporary files?

I  too am having the same problem. I downloaded Epic, installed it, and now I cant find it  on my pc. That was about 2 hours ago so downloading from your site (which I did) doesnt work.

#4 2013-10-25 11:30:12

sai

Hi kmob and spamblaster, is this problem solved now?

Thank you

#5 2013-12-04 07:34:26

pradipkb

I downloaded Epic from the epicbrowser.com site, installed it (a message says "Installation Completed" about a minute or so after I click "Run"), but the software is not really installed. I have tried several times without any success. Fast 3G download speed, no disruption. My system : Intel P4, Win xp sp3 32 bit, 2GB DDR2 Ram, ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard.

#6 2013-12-13 08:07:48

spal

I have the same problem.

When I'm trying to install the program from the temporary exe file, it says "waiting to download Epic". After a minute or so, it says "Download Epic failed. Retry in X seconds".

This happens for about 2-3 times and finaly it says "Installation completed".

But of course, nothing installed.

I can't understand, why you don't have a solution for that.

#7 2013-12-13 08:50:32

sai

Hi pradipkb, is this problem solved?  This was a temporary problem we had some time back.

Hi Spal, Sorry about the problem your facing. There is no such message as "Download Epic failed. Retry in X seconds" on our server side code. Are you downloading it from the right website i.e. "www.epicbrowser.com". Can you give us some of your system information by visiting this website "http://whatsmyuseragent.com/".   Please copy the text of "Your User Agent String is:"

#8 2013-12-14 23:55:32

spal

sai wrote:

Hi Spal, Sorry about the problem your facing. There is no such message as "Download Epic failed. Retry in X seconds" on our server side code. Are you downloading it from the right website. Can you give us some of your system information by visiting this website "http://whatsmyuseragent.com/".   Please copy the text of "Your User Agent String is:"

Here is the string :
Your User Agent String is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.3.0 Safari/537.36
Your IP Address: 77.49.67.162

I donwloaded it from your website.

Any solution?

#9 2013-12-17 08:47:19

spal

Also, when I trying to download epic browser from your site (whatever I click zip or exe file), it says that the webpage is unavailable.
When I click on zip or exe file, the address that I'm redirected is :
https://ed5b681d56298a85550d-7d665255a6 … cSetup.exe

#10 2013-12-17 14:01:05

sai

Hi Spal,

We're trying to figure out what is happening in your case. We support your user agent, but not sure why you are getting this error.

Board footer