Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-11-13 13:38:57

Google Rejecting Searches Via Epic Proxy Server

As the subject states, Google is rejecting searches when using the Epic proxy server (IP 23.92.16.185).

Searches are redirected to this URL:
https://sorry.google.com/sorry/

#2 2013-11-13 14:58:03

sai

Re: Google Rejecting Searches Via Epic Proxy Server

Thank you for reporting, We are looking into the issue

#3 2013-12-01 19:11:43

Re: Google Rejecting Searches Via Epic Proxy Server

I am a corporate system administrator and run into this problem with Google all the time when you have thousands of users behind a single NAT’ed IP Address. Nine times out of ten the problem is caused by someone who is using a new toy from Google Labs and decides to take the software for a test drive and forgets to remove the parking break. In such situations we try to identify and contact the user but many times there is more than one user if we have a Zero Day situation for a new Google Toy. If the Proxy had multiple NAT’ed IP Addresses this would reduce the probability of being block-listed by Google but it will not eliminated it. Once and awhile there is real malware but not too often on a regulated corporate network.

If you want to have some real fun with Google, try asking their search engine the wrong question involving Googl’e advertising policies pertaining to Google Ad Words. You will receive a very sincere response from Google informing you that your computer has compromised by malware and for your own safety they are curtailing your access to the Google search engine until you have had your computer inspected by your local administrator, which in my case would be me! There are some questions which you must not ask Google otherwise you will be Scroogled.

Mike

Last edited by Michael.Ronayne (2013-12-02 21:06:09)

Board footer