Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-12-18 15:15:54

dilgreen

slow/failing search

This is an issue which I hope is due to sky-rocketing popularity of epic! Using search is almost impossible for the last couple of days.
I accepted it as being a little slow when first started using epic, as I understand that epicsearch has to do more than google to ensure privacy.

However, epicsearch now mostly times out, or comes close to timing out. I am using duckduckgo in the meantime.

As I say, I hope that this is due to overwhelming demand, and that this will translate into lots of money to get more/faster/better search!

btw, I am in the UK on Mac 10.6.8, in case it makes a difference...

#2 2013-12-18 16:01:44

sai

Re: slow/failing search

Hi Dilgreen,

Can you check epicsearch.in in any other browser you have?  Epicsearch.in for us has been relatively fast despite you're correct Epic's strong growth!!!  We are guessing this could be an issue with our proxy on Macs. We shall release an update for proxy in a day or two. 

Thanks as always for your support!

#3 2013-12-18 19:23:46

dilgreen

Re: slow/failing search

Firefox/epicsearch.in  - quite responsive

epic, search from nav bar - fails due to timeout (NET ERR 7)

Board footer