Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-07-03 19:17:37

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: Epic Hasn't Seemed to Have Blocked Any Trackers For last 3 Months

You have to enable/disable Adblock for each site under the Umbrella button by clicking Adblock yes or no as desired.
Check the Umbrella button, filters and see how many and what Filter lists are enabled. If there are a whole series enabled uncheck some of the applicable boxes, 2 or 3 is sufficient.
You can also enable notifications for trackers blocked, its at the bottom of the Umbrella button.You might also consider going to extensions and uninstalling any offending extension the reinstalling. It occasionally remedies problems.
Finally if all else fails, Go to Settings/Advanced /Reset Epic.
If those don't work  repost. Remember that there is an update coming and it should address some of these concerns.
Good luck

#2 2021-07-04 19:01:30

They all say adblock is on already, yet no ads are blocked. Sounds like you are saying everytime I visit a site I have to go and click adblock manually, but it is already on. Also, tracker notifications is on but there are never any notifications. The new version of the browser also logs me out of every site I log into after 10 minutes and does not remember my passwords and user names despite the browser asking me everytime if i want to save them. I don;t want to sound ungrateful, but it seems like Epic has completely collapsed as a useable browser. Its quite sad, I can imagine that you are up against most of the internet world who wants to track and spam us to death, literally. I don;t know what else to say, I'm sorry, thats just how I am, I can't help but tell it like it is. Thank you for at least replying despite it seems some people being angered by my sense of humor and honesty and not approving the post.

#3 2021-07-04 19:29:31

Proxy1
Administrator

Like I mentioned, a new update will happen in the next weeks. The internet is in a state of constant change, it's a cat and mouse game.  Anecdotally I have Epic on an Intel and M1 Mac OC respectively and Epic works quite well w/o problems. It is difficult to know how to diagnose every glitch as settings or other variables can alter functionality greatly.

Sorry, I neglected to approve your post!

Board footer