Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-07-20 05:13:58

Darrelrj

Browser doesn't load

I have been using Epic for a few months. I clicked on the icon the other day and the screen flashed but program did not load. I tried a few times & same result. I deleted the program & downloaded again- same result. I turned off my computer and tried again. I've tried deleting and downloading a few times now with no success. Anybody have any suggestions? I am using Windows 10 Pro & it is up to date. Thanks for any help

#2 2021-07-20 11:43:12

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: Browser doesn't load

Did you have an update of your Windows 10 Pro OS or Epic browser recently? What version of Epic browser?

Is the location of your download in your applications folder?

#3 2021-07-21 00:14:26

Darrelrj

Downloaded the latest version of Epic browser - not sure what version it is because it doesnt load for me to check the version. The install seems to go great but it wont load. Im not sure if there was a windows update - I checked and apparently I have the latest version. Any other ideas

#4 2021-07-21 01:13:19

Proxy1
Administrator

Is the location of your download in your applications folder?
If it doesn't go in the app folder it may not function. Also turn your antivirus off to download as it may perceive Epic to be a virus.

Good luck

#5 2021-07-23 06:38:26

aliu0130

I'm pretty sure windows doesn't have an applications folder.

#6 2021-07-23 15:04:35

Proxy1
Administrator

Read these search results although that is just one avenue to explore. Obviously something changed it's just a matter of trouble shooting.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Windows+10+pr … =h_&ia=web

#7 2021-08-06 15:09:25

Epeters

I have a similar problem on mac (Big Sur 11.2.1): new epic browser crashes immediately after loading. Any suggestions?

#8 2021-08-07 13:31:55

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Please email Alok for the older Mac version and he can get it to you.  No idea why it's crashing on loading on your Mac since you have a recent OSX.

#9 2021-12-16 12:48:00

Proxy1
Administrator

I sent this to Alok, it might be a wait!

#10 2023-12-08 21:35:43

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Please try deleting the "default" folder in the Epic folder in %localappdata% (type that in a Navigator Window).

If that doesn't work, you can try deleting registry entries then uninstalling and reinstalling Epic.

Please always back up passwords and bookmarks before trying any of the above.

If none of that works, please email Alok directly for help:  alok at hiddenreflex dot com

Board footer