Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2022-12-07 03:01:05

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: AdBlocker not working anymore

Turn off the adblocker in extensions, restart and then turn on. You might also reset Epic at the bottom of preferences under Advanced.

The version of Epic  for Mac you have is the latest. Nice to see someone searching the forum as there is a lot of info there sometimes.
If these don't work let me know.
Good luck!

#2 2022-12-09 19:25:33

Proxy1
Administrator

I would backup everything, delete Epic and reinstall  or update your macOS version if it's not up to date..  I'll do a little digging around and perhaps find something. What version of macOS do you have?

I had a similar problem during testing a while ago and the original suggestion helped but I actually deleted all extensions, rebooted and reinstalled.

#3 2022-12-10 00:06:35

Proxy1
Administrator

Thanks, that might be the problem as we rarely have had problems with Macs. I'll contact the mother ship.

#4 2023-01-28 02:24:45

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Odd as the AdBlock still works great for me on a Mac.  Please double check in the AdBlock settings that the block lists are all still selected...sounds like maybe they got de-selected somehow?!

#5 2023-02-07 00:49:45

Proxy1
Administrator

That is correct.
Just click on the Umbrella button, go to Adblock "lists and settings", (View and Edit) on the bottom and make your changes.
Good luck.

#6 2023-02-07 01:00:09

Proxy1
Administrator

Just go to extension, turn Adblocker off, close Epic, restart and see if it's working.

#7 2023-02-07 02:07:36

Proxy1
Administrator

I'm thinking you have update your OS or wait for the next update. You might also  try backing up everything, deleting and reinstalling is all I can think of at the time.

Sorry.

#8 2023-02-22 22:02:51

alok_epicteam
Administrator

By the filter lists I basically meant, go to this page in Epic:
chrome-extension://ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija/dashboard.html#3p-filters.html

At that page, please make sure that the filter lists are still selected.  One reason your adblock may not work anymore is if they somehow got unselected.

Board footer