Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-07-02 16:25:03

juacarrizo

Facebook Suggestion/recomendations

First of all, thank you! Great browser!

Now about my question. I wanted to know a way to block facebook friends/pages recomendations, in the way add-block in chrome does, since my epic browser is not blocking them. So far is the only add it´s not blocking.
I tried refreshing and reloading but the "suggested friends/pages" keep showing.

Thanks in advance

PS: sorry for my english

#2 2014-07-02 16:46:32

sathi
Administrator

Re: Facebook Suggestion/recomendations

Hi ,

Thanks for try Epic Privacy Browser and writing us.

From my side it's working on 64 bit ,windows 8 and Epic  Version is 34.0.1841.20 (251262)

Did you check Epic blocking adds in other pages, like cnn.com ?

can you share your system and browser details?

#3 2014-07-02 23:43:04

juacarrizo

Hi!
My system: Windows 7 64 bit working on Versión 34.0.1841.20 (251262)
In other sites works fine, it's just in facebook that it isn't fully working.

Just in case, I uploaded a picture showing what is what I wanna block.
PunBB bbcode test

Thank you very much for your answer!

#4 2014-07-03 07:19:17

sathi
Administrator

Hi,

On 2nd July 2014, we gave an update to Epic Filter (adblock). This update should solve this problem.

To check if your extension got updated or not , click on umbrella button -> Adblock options.

then check the following 3 options should be checked   

malware domains,
Fanboy's Social Blocking List,
EasyPrivacy should be checked.

#5 2014-07-03 14:31:39

juacarrizo

Hi there.
Ok, my extension is update. I tried refreshing and restarting Epic several times, but it didn't work.
The first time i restarted the recomendations disappeared, but after few more tries they showed up again.
I even tried clicking the update button at the adblock options but it's still the same.
I don't know if I am doing something wrong

Thanks!

#6 2014-10-24 16:04:22

florentin

good..

#7 2014-11-04 20:17:54

maia

What you might want is F B Purity. Every time i set the settings, i end up with weird results, but i still use it. As far as i understand, you install it to your facebook account, not your browser, but i think i'm also wrong, i don't really understand. But, worth trying. For myself, i just enlarge the page so that all the ads are off the screen on the right hand side...

Board footer