Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-10-07 00:35:04

notthatone

Unable to connect to the proxy server

Help, I've been getting this error and can't connect to any website while enabling global proxy.
Everything works fine if global proxy is disabled and I have full internet access with other browsers.
It's been going on for at least a week or so.
I have closed and opened the browser several times to change proxies and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling which did not solve the problem.
I even tried putting an exception on windows firewall for epicbrowser thinking it could be something like that but that didn't work either.

I do believe I am running the latest version (Version 34.0.1841.39 (251262)).
Also, I use windows 8.1 64-bit.

It worked when I first installed epic but has not been working for a while and I haven't found any solutions online...

What could be happening? I don't think all servers are down, could it be??

#2 2014-10-15 06:16:17

alok
Administrator

Re: Unable to connect to the proxy server

Have you had any luck with the proxy since then?

Yes, definitely wasn't all servers down.  No idea what's happening actually?!  Your guesses sound like what we would guess. 

We are launching an update of Epic imminently (to chromium 36), let's see if that helps!?

#3 2014-10-16 04:05:43

notthatone

Sorry about not giving an update. Thanks for trying to help. I wasn't being able to solve the problem but I just got it to work!! I had tried literally everything like scanning the computer, reinstalling epic, switching wireless networks, updating everything, deleting all extensions, but I still had no idea about what could be happening.
It did NOT solve by itself so I suppose it was something on my computer that I fixed by resetting all epic browser settings, disabling "epic proxy" under network, then enabling it again after resetting all my internet options settings including LAN settings, disabling and enabling "automatically detect settings".
Doing that made it work. I have no idea why. Thanks once again and good work with the browser!

#4 2014-10-16 13:32:54

I cant connect 2, from the beginnen i couldnt connect? how can this be

#5 2014-10-16 14:14:40

sai

If you are inside a network like LAN where you have your own proxy, this could happen, otherwise you should be able to connect to proxy.

Board footer