Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-11-11 05:15:06

jp

Alert Message: --- has taken control of your internet connection

The other day my wife opened up the Epic Browser and got a message inside the browser saying something to the effect of "...has taken control of your internet connection. They can see what you're doing online".

This made her nervous, and unfortunately I didn't see it so I can't help her figure out what the issue was. My guess was that it had something to do with Chromium thinking that Epic was some kind of bad plugin, but it's just a guess. Now she doesn't want to use Epic anymore. Does anyone know what this message might have been caused by?

#2 2014-11-11 08:09:56

sathi
Administrator

Re: Alert Message: --- has taken control of your internet connection

Hi Jp,

Thanks for informing us, very weird.
Don't be nervous, Epic is very safe, we are not tracking/hacking our users. Can you share few  details, like OS and anti virus software's you are using.   
looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

#3 2014-11-11 08:47:47

gimpy

I got a message as well.

It appeared in the top right corner and said that an application is trying to take control of your internet connection.

#4 2014-11-11 12:20:59

sathi
Administrator

Hi gimpy,

Thanks for your response,  It coming as a popup and disappeared quickly ??
got some ideas what it is exactly, will check into that.

#5 2014-11-11 12:45:22

mex

I have had this pop-up message to, and twice. And as I recall it, there was given two options, and both were wrote in such a way  that maked it difficault and confuseing wich option to choose or what to do, at least to me.  (xp – about a month ago)

#6 2014-11-12 02:35:44

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

Thanks for the post. We are trying to generate this bug. We will fix it quickly and come with an update a.s.a.p

#7 2014-11-13 15:23:25

sathi
Administrator

Hi All,

Thank you every one, We are able to generate this bug, we fixed it. We will come with update very soon.

#8 2014-11-13 19:24:57

Just had this same popup 5 minutes ago..  was very quick and like MEX said options was rather vague n vanished b4 could reread options (vista ultm8 sp2)

#9 2014-11-14 02:12:16

mex

Sounds good - about one hour ago it went back on my win7.

#10 2014-11-15 00:17:00

mex

This evening I had the pop-up message again (xp) and this time I wrote it down. It comes in my native language and  the following is a translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-   Your internetconnection is beeing controlled.  -

An extension has taken control over your proxysettings, wich means it can change, destroy or listen to everything you do on the net.   If your not sure about why this changeing is happend, it is proberly unwanted.

Underlined theese two box options :    Recover settings   -   Keep settings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you explane what it means, and what to do ?

#11 2014-11-15 08:03:41

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

Thanks for asking about this notification. Latest version of chromium detecting our proxy service as a developer extension and displaying this message. Don't worry about this message, we fixed it and  coming with an update very soon, may be today.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks

#12 2014-11-15 12:24:50

sathi
Administrator

Hi All,

New update (38.0.2125.111) is out for windows version with a fix to proxy warning messgaes,
please let us know if the warning comes again.

Thanks

Board footer