Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-12-13 15:22:45

Numberman

Epic proxy being bypassed?

Since yesterday whenever I go on youtube it knows that i'm in the UK and not the US. All other websites including iplocation.net say I am in the US but somehow youtube thinks differently. How can youtube identify me but other websites can't? Given how intrusive google is I am a bit worried about this and more than a bit curious.

I'm not the most tech savvy person so I don't know if i'm worrying over nothing here.

#2 2014-12-14 04:25:12

sathi
Administrator

Re: Epic proxy being bypassed?

Hi Numberman,

This is happening from google/youtube's end. They have some problems with converting IP address to geolocation. We already reported them this bug. This is happening to few of our proxy servers, rest of them are working fine. Please restart epic to get new proxy IP. Let us know if this helped or not.

#3 2014-12-14 20:33:32

Numberman

Re: Epic proxy being bypassed?

Thanks for the reply Sathi

It has happened for a few days now and sometimes youtube shows a different country, I had France the last time I checked but more often than not it is the UK.

Good to hear this is already known about and thanks again for the work you guys do.

Board footer