Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-03-12 00:23:15

smooey

Running XAMPP / Localhost with Epic Browser

Hi, first time poster, and user of Epic Browser and I'm in love with the browser already. However, the only downside I see so far, is I'm not able to load h t t p://localhost/ in Epic Browser, using XAMPP. Is there a way to allow xampp/localhost to run and load in Epic Browser? Thanks. smile

#2 2014-03-12 17:01:37

alok
Administrator

Re: Running XAMPP / Localhost with Epic Browser

Thanks so much for your support.  Thrilled that you're enjoying Epic & thanks for the feedback.

You should be able to load localhost urls via Epic.  What system/OS are you on?  What's the error that you're seeing? 

I just tested this on my Mac and localhost files are working...

#3 2014-03-12 23:14:25

smooey

alok wrote:

Thanks so much for your support.  Thrilled that you're enjoying Epic & thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome. smile I used to love Firefox back in the day when it actually ran faster and wasn't over bloated lol. But plan to drop Firefox totally soon here and just stick with Epic. Cause we all know, anything with "Google" isn't good.

alok wrote:

You should be able to load localhost urls via Epic.  What system/OS are you on?  What's the error that you're seeing? 

I just tested this on my Mac and localhost files are working...

Well, I tried it originally with the proxy enabled, then it didn't work. I disabled the proxy icon to be "red" up top there, and it loads Localhost/. smile With proxy on, I get error...

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: /index.php/BoardList/

Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect.

Some possible problems are:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be http:// or similar)

Missing hostname

Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path

Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:13:11 GMT by localhost (squid/3.3.8)

#4 2014-03-13 21:27:29

alok
Administrator

Great you fixed the issue!!! 

Makes sense *kind of* that you'd get an error trying to route the localhost over our proxy server ;-) -- that being said, we should take care of that situation and probably route it on the local system as it's obvious the user intended that!

Thanks for letting us know about the solution and for your support as always!

#5 2014-03-14 23:11:34

smooey

alok wrote:

Great you fixed the issue!!! 

Makes sense *kind of* that you'd get an error trying to route the localhost over our proxy server ;-) -- that being said, we should take care of that situation and probably route it on the local system as it's obvious the user intended that!

Thanks for letting us know about the solution and for your support as always!

Lol yeah, guess it's not really a big deal though lol. Because if using localhost/xampp, the proxy isn't really needed anyway lol. I just have to remember to disable proxy when doing localhost activities haha.

And you're welcome. smile big_smile

Board footer