Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-27 17:34:13

luckatlucky

How to unpin from taskbar and desktop...

icon of epic coming again and again after deleting on desktop and taskbar. when i restart my computer it comes again. ,whether you want or not ! so how solve it that it dont come on desktop.... its irritating ,,

#2 2014-04-30 11:55:52

alok
Administrator

Re: How to unpin from taskbar and desktop...

Sorry -- we thought we had solved that problem many months ago.  It was an issue with the chromium software...we had ripped out a bit too much of the google tracking stuff such that it didn't remember it had already set such icons. 

We had solved this several months ago though.  Did you recently download and install Epic??  Can you let us know your OS / 32/64 bit and any other details?

I suspect you installed Epic sometime last year and the Epic installer is still on your system. 

I think uninstalling / re-installing Epic should solve the issue.  Please try these instructions to uninstall Epic then delete all Epic folders, then to re-install Epic.  There are also help for backing up bookmarks/passwords if required.

http://blog.epicbrowser.com/?p=16

Let us know if that works.  Thanks as always for your support & sorry for this issue!

#3 2014-05-18 19:21:36

elzorro1949

I installed Epic just in the last few weeks (I love it). But just in the past few days, I have also had the issue of the Epic shortcut showing up on my desktop. It had never done this before. I keep all icons off the desktop, so it's irritating to have it keep coming back. I do keep a shortcut pinned to the taskbar. I'm using Win 7/64. Before I uninstall the program, since I am using a very recent download, I'd like to know whether that is likely to be a solution.

#4 2014-05-19 10:44:02

sathi
Administrator

Hi,

We are sorry for inconvenience. We already solved this bug. Let our team  look into this bug again.  We will solve this a.s.a.p

Thanks,
Sathi

#5 2014-05-19 17:58:16

twins4384

Using Win7 64bit. Epic started doing this with us too. Solved by taking away the tick beside Epic Browser in the STARTUP list. Now is fine.

Board footer