Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-05-21 16:55:57

Texas360

Norton Antivirus Deletes Epic

Yesterday, I noticed the icon that I had pinned to my taskbar for the Epic Browser had the page icon.  I also had a pop up from Norton saying it had found a potential Heuristic Virus and deleted the program. 

This morning, I uninstalled Epic and re-downloaded it from epicbrowser.com.  Norton said the d/l file was fine, but when I installed it, Norton deleted it again and popped up a File Insight box that said:  Auto-Protect blocked this Heuristic Virus. No further action is needed.  It also said: epic.exe  Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.2.  Details: Unknown Community Usage, Unknown Age, Risk High.

I assume that the latest Norton definition file decided that Epic was a virus.  What gives?

Thanks.....

#2 2014-05-22 01:37:51

alok
Administrator

Re: Norton Antivirus Deletes Epic

We've had continuous issues with various a-v "heuristics".  We actually had a similar issue with Norton maybe six months ago and thought we were in the clear, but we've triggered their alert again with the latest update last Saturday.

We've been in continuous dialogue with Norton the past 24 hours and they claim the issue is resolved.  It may take time for their update to propagate as users continue to report problems. 

It seems like they're either quarantining or even deleting the "epic.exe" file.  Interesting that some chrome version is apparently also triggering this?!

If you need help backing up/restoring bookmarks or passwords, let us know -- feel free to email me directly anytime, alok at hiddenreflex do t co m

Board footer