Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-05-06 08:00:55

satya

Umbrella Button

Dear Sir,

The umbrella button in EPIC Browser is looking like "Add- on Manager" of other browsers.

However, the umbrella button is functioning as usual, as such there is no problem with functioning of the  umbrella button.

But, earlier the umbrella button was  like umbrella only.

Please  inform  how to restore the umbrella button as earlier or it need not be restored as it is functiong as usual.

Best Regards,

Thanking you,

- Satya

#2 2014-05-06 08:52:43

sai

Re: Umbrella Button

Hi Satya,

Try restarting the browser few times.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-05-06 11:46:04

satya

Respected Sri Sai,

As u advised I made exit from EPIC several times and again opened the browser, but the umbrella button is not restored to its original umbrella shape, it is as usual that "Add-on Manager" icon.

Please advise.

Regards,

- Satya

#4 2014-05-07 04:26:17

Mine doesn't work at all, and I tried to post a forum with another issue, and the page doesn't allow me to do so!

#5 2014-05-09 10:51:03

satya

Dear Sri Sai,

The umbrella button is not restored yet. though i made several times exit and restarted.
The button looks like exactly adobe flash player / add-on Manager sign.
However it is functioning without any difficulty.

Please reply if the umbrella button can be restored in the original umbrella icon.

High Regards,

- Satya

#6 2014-05-09 15:11:16

sai

Hi Satya and Wholee Watanabe,

Can you please let us know which version of Epic are you on, also please visit http://whatsmyuseragent.com and paste the result here.

Thank You
Sai

#7 2014-05-09 16:22:00

satya

Dear Sri Sai,

Thank u for ur reply.

As advised by u, i have verified the useragent in the said website and paste below the same:

Your User Agent String is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1841.9 Safari/537.36 Epic
Your IP Address: 72.52.91.135

Thanking you,

- Satya

#8 2014-05-09 16:30:50

sai

@satya, Can you try this, Please go to Windows Explorer, and type %LOCALAPPDATA%, go to Epic Privacy Browser/User Data/Default/Extensions and see if there are four directories. If they are there delete them all, and restart the browser. It should work

Thank You
Sai

#9 2014-05-09 16:46:17

satya

Dear Sri Sai,

As advised by you, i have done the steps and restarted the browser, the original umbrella has been restored.

It is also functioning as usual.

Thank u very much Mr Sai.

Best Regards,

- Satya

#10 2014-07-08 01:59:04

Hi Mephistopheles666,
Thanks for writing us, its weird problem. It's working from my end. Are you on updated one,
can you navigate to  %localappdata%\Epic Privacy Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija and let us know what is the folder name.

Hi Sathi,

Moved here as per your request........I am currently in the Version 34.0.1841.20 (251262) of Epic and am not sure if this is the latest but when I opened my browser, all the filters of each filter subscription of the adblock feature were gone. Had to add each filter subscription again and hopefully they won't go away when I close my browser.

Thanks you for the reply.

#11 2014-07-08 05:28:21

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mephistopheles666,

Did the problem got solved?

Are you loosing subscription filters on browser close?

#12 2014-07-10 15:59:03

Hi Sathi,

Yes, I'm afraid so. When I turned on my PC this morning and opened my browser, all subscription filters are gone. Had to add them again.

Thanks.

#13 2014-07-11 06:12:19

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mephistopheles666,

We are sorry for inconvenience. This is very weird.
First, don't worry nothing happens with the subscription filters settings.  Epic is completely sandboxed. It never access any of your personal data.

May be you are loosing your settings on browser close.

Can you help me one thing,  go to settings page, and set any settings and see if they are set after restarting the browser.

#14 2014-07-11 09:29:23

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mephistopheles666,

We have generated this bug from our side, we will come with an update asap.

Thanks.

#15 2014-07-13 02:12:02

Hi Sathi,

I did what you said and went to the Settings and tried tweaking the "Open a specific page or set of pages." by adding a specific website. I placed Yahoo and tried opening a new tab to see if it would go to that specific page but it didn't. When I closed the browser and re-opened it, it went to Yahoo.......So it would seem that any changes to the settings will take effect after restarting the browser.

The subscription filters have disappeared again and had to re-add them....Will be looking forward to the update.

Thank you and more power to Epic!!!

#16 2014-07-13 02:26:08

Hi Sathi,

One more thing I've noticed. When I re-open my browser, sometimes the only filters left are "Malware Domains", "Fanboy's Social Blocking List", and "EasyPrivacy" or, most of the time, it's completely empty and not even these filters are there. So I go through the process of re-adding them again.

Thank you.

#17 2014-07-14 07:24:11

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mephistopheles666,

Yes, we are able to generate this bugs. We are working on it. Very soon we will come with an update.

#18 2022-08-05 02:35:37

Proxy1
Administrator

Try the reset Epic under settings.

#19 2022-08-05 17:26:33

Proxy1
Administrator

Got to the extensions (3 dots), settings, more tools, uncheck all boxes. Close Epic then reopen and recheck the boxes.. I used this before for another problem once before. I'm using OSX so I can't replicate. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience and will resubmit my help request to Alok.

#20 2022-08-06 14:03:20

Proxy1
Administrator

I contacted Alok with your query. No response yet.

Board footer