Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#26 2014-07-16 11:59:08

grwatt

Re: adblock issues

sathi, thank you for replying. However you didn't address the main problem which is the fact that adblocking just stopped working. Restarting the browser doesn't fix, neither does re-adding the list. Epic works well and is my preferred browser when it works, but it is proving too unstable to use. I'm an IT administrator and was going to make it default one at my work. But this has changed me mind.

(On the issue with Avast - I had to contact them directly for a fix, which was basically just to exclude your .exe file from scans)

#27 2014-07-16 23:33:05

ss

Having the same issue for several weeks.  You said the filter is updated, but I see no place to do this from, is this a developers code?  Can Ad block be downloaded and added to Epic?

#28 2014-07-17 00:37:28

greenjungles

I will echo what grwatt has written: ads are still appearing all over the place. I've put Epic aside for now and will stick with Firefox (Mac OS X) and adblock (and a plugin that erases flash cookies at shutdown). Kudos to your team so far for the work you have done; there's more too it, apparently.

#29 2014-07-17 14:14:05

redrocket

Hey guys, I'm using Version 34.0.1841.29 (251262) on Win7 32 bit and the latest update to adblock is working just fine for me now. Keep it up Epic devs, this is the way research and browsing on the web is supposed to be.

#30 2014-07-17 15:08:01

sathi
Administrator

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback, we are working round the clock to make Epic as an awesome browser.

We will brain storm what's going with adblock and come with an solution a.s.a.p

Thanks

#31 2014-07-18 16:51:42

grwatt

Hi Sathi - I don't know if you guys have pushed out an update, but mine is now working again. So only fair to thank you guys if you have.
Cheers

#32 2014-07-19 04:24:14

sathi
Administrator

Hi grwatt,

We released an updated yesterday. Nice to hear that your Epic Filter is working.

#33 2014-07-23 21:01:09

Hi Sathi,

I've been monitoring the Adblock filters for some time now and so far, whatever you guys have done seems to be working. My filters have not been removed or reset. I'll keep you guys posted if there are any bugs.

THANK YOU AND MORE POWER!!!!!!!

#34 2014-07-24 08:57:51

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mephistopheles666,

Thanks for your comments, please let us know if you get any problems with Epic. Happy Browsing smile

#35 2014-08-24 15:37:43

charrop1

Hi Sathi,

Epic is blocking trackers that enable usage of blogger.com. Please advise how to obtain the names of these trackers. It lists google and 5 third party trackers.

Thanks.

#36 2014-08-26 07:29:32

sathi
Administrator

Hi charrop1,

Thanks for writing us.

There are some trackers which doesn't have proper domain names. So We are not showing their names in the notifications.
As of now there is no way to see the other trackers names.

#37 2014-09-30 00:34:59

Flipperty

Hi Epic!
I'm new to using forums- not sure what to expect. Hope you can help.
Adblock isn't working. I have tried shutting down and reloading as suggested on other posts but this is not making any difference.

I see you said there is an update now to fix this- do I need to install it? Where can I find it?

The ads are really intrusive, there are pop ups, and videos which just start playing by themselves.
I'd like to get back to the quiet clear space I used to have please. I really liked epic but looks like I'll have to move to mozilla and ad block plug in

Thanks

#38 2014-09-30 16:04:35

sathi
Administrator

Hi Flipperty,

Other Epic features are working fine for you??  like proxy and umbrella button (next to wrench menu).

Can you navigate to chrome-extension://ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija/options.html  from url bar, click on update now and see Ads blocked or not. 

If this doesn't work for you, navigate to  %loalappdata%\Epic Privacy Browser\User Data\Default\ and delete extension folder.

please let us know if this worked for you or not.

Thanks,

#39 2014-10-01 02:53:43

Flipperty

Hi Sathi
Thank you for trying to help me.

No, the umbrella features are not responding
I tried navigating to the chrome-extension URL you provided but the page was just blank

entering %loalappdata%\Epic Privacy Browser\User Data\Default\ into the search bar  just took me to an epicsearch.in results page about browser settings for Internet Explorer etc (just a general search- hasn't taken me to a location)

As I said, I'm not a techie..so apologies if I am making a glaringly obvious mistake here.

I used the 3lines icon to navigate to chrome://extensions/
I ticked the 'developer mode' box
a button appeared 'update extensions now'
I clicked on it
It's not responding either

I'd appreciate further support.
Thanks

#40 2014-10-01 02:54:56

Flipperty

NB proxy appears to be working fine

Board footer