Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-07-16 10:18:36

this01

Proxy permanency

Thanks a lot for your work!

My concern is this:
I use the proxy. I switch off everything that could go around it (flash, JS ...).
Sometimes I see the green proxy icon in the address bar go red for a short time. Especially when reloading a page, like when it has become unresponsive, or when the proxy is slow/unreactive, etc.

Is it possible, that sometimes the proxy is not used, and data transferred directly?
Are you making sure by design that when the proxy is on, no direct connections are possible?
Are you making sure by design that when the proxy is on, it stays on unless a user actively switches it off?

#2 2014-07-17 15:31:39

sathi
Administrator

Re: Proxy permanency

@this01,

Thanks for trying Epic ,

I would like to share few things related to Epic Proxy.

Epic proxy has 3 states:

1. Proxy on (green icon) : If you enable this state, all the web traffic will be forced over our proxy. If proxy is down, or some other issues with our proxy , none of the web requests will be sent.

2. Proxy off (red icon) : In this state, all your web traffic will be sent directly.

3. Proxy for searches (green and magnifier glass icon): If you turn off your proxy and making some  queries in search engines(google, bing, yahoo, etc), then queries will be forced through our proxy. In this case proxy icon  changes from red to green and magnifier

We will check , why your  red icon  goes to green while page loading and proxy is slow.

Board footer