Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-09-23 11:28:36

JT PRoDucTz

HOW DO I GET SEARCH ENGINES TO WORK???

Hi guys, recently downloaded Epic privacy browser as i had this annoying adware called "Web Protect" uninstalled web protect with Revo Uninstaller Pro, yet my browsers still seem to be infected, Epic was my only way around this... But now in Epic none of the search engines load! it just says "no data received" happens on all of em, bing, google, ask etc... does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance smile

#2 2014-09-23 14:13:49

sai

Re: HOW DO I GET SEARCH ENGINES TO WORK???

Hi,

You could restart epic browser, it would connect to a different proxy server and it should work. We were maintaining two of our servers.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-09-27 13:02:41

I am have the same problem, a lot of sites, ex. I type in google and other sites, with the proxy widget "open" it closes by itself and tells me "no data received". It does this when I close Epic and start again, over and over. Any suggestions besides close and restart Epic?

#4 2014-10-08 01:03:23

alok
Administrator

We've added a bunch more proxy servers so that the proxy should be quite stable.  We do now route you to other servers if one fails without re-starting Epic, though that also does re-route you.  Not sure why that's happening still.  We do force all search engines over the proxy to protect your privacy, so if the proxy is down, it's difficult to search with epic.

Board footer