Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-10-29 09:44:25

grambax

Proxy switch has disappeared

Hi,

The proxy icon socket button has disappeared, mysteriously, from my address bar. So I can't use the proxy feature.

Any suggestions? Any way to make it return, or to restore Epic settings?

Thanks!

#2 2014-10-29 10:16:26

sai

Re: Proxy switch has disappeared

Closing Epic and starting it again should usually help, Please follow this thread http://forum.epicbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?id=494.

If this did not work, Please do let us know

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-10-29 11:56:06

grambax

Thank You!

I'll try as soon as I've finished my current project.

#4 2014-10-30 01:09:45

grambax

Yep, that worked; Thank You, again.

Actually I'm embarrassed that I didn't just try it (although actually I thought I had).

Cheers!

#5 2014-10-30 08:57:11

sai

No Problem, We always here to help...!

Thank You
Sai

#6 2014-10-31 18:31:12

Hello Epic,

followed what you advice and restarted my browser and the Proxy Icon came back. However, when I go to any website, the icon vanishes again. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but had to let you know if this is a bug or something. Also, noticed that my connection/browser goes down when the following IP's have been flagged by Peerblock and my Firewall:

173.255.228.19 = proXPN Direct LLC
146.185.183.15 = 58th Signal Batallion/Digital Ocean
146.71.102.114 = 58th Signal Batallion/Digital Ocean

Would like to know if these IP addresses are from you guys so I can let them go though my firewall and Peerblock.

THANK YOU AND MORE POWER!!!!

#7 2014-11-02 15:47:54

billjt

I have also had the same disappearing proxy icon. Restarted, restored, then as I was browsing noticed that the icon was gone again. I went to Settings and entered 'proxy' in the search box. The search results were "Network, Your network proxy settings are being managed by an extension. Below that is a grayed-out "Change proxy settings" box and a check box with "Disable Epic proxy", which was not and is not checked.

Then, still in Settings, I went to Extensions. I checked the "Developer mode" box. That opened an "Update extensions now" button. I clicked that and the Epic proxy icon reappeared in all four of the tabs that I had open.

I'm not a developer, I'm just reporting what appears to have restored the proxy icon for me, at least for now.

#8 2014-11-03 11:06:00

sai

Thank You billjt for a solution. @Mephistopheles666 , Proxy Icon disappearing we are investigating issue. Yes these are our proxy servers. Here is the list of our encrypted proxy server list

• List is removed for security reasons

Please let us know, once you have taken note of them, I'd like to remove the list soon to avoid spam of our proxy servers.

#9 2014-11-06 05:28:58

Hi Sai,

I've made the necessary exclusions to my Firewall. You may remove the list. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

#10 2014-11-06 05:58:23

Hi Sai,

I followed billjt's suggestion but the icon still keeps disappearing from time to time. Letting you know so you can check it from your end.

Thank you and more power.

#11 2014-11-06 11:02:51

sai

Hi Mephistopheles666,

We are working on this bug and also few other bugs. We shall fix this and let you know.

Thank You
Sai

#12 2014-11-25 20:09:40

karfus

Just wanted to add some new information to this thread. I've noticed the proxy (red/green plug icon) appearing and disappearing sporadically in the recent past.

Today I noticed a distinct pattern: the proxy icon disappears EVERY OTHER time I start Epic. In other words, it fails to appear when I start Epic. I restart Epic, and it appears. I restart Epic, and it is GONE. I restart again, and it returns. The same pattern repeats RELIABLY.

This pattern actually indicates there is some very simple bit of state management gone awry.

If it helps I'm on 64-bit Windows 7, though I doubt that is a factor here.

Thanks!

Board footer