Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-11-05 21:15:28

sativaleaf

Proxy issues and ads

Up until last week or so, I've had no issues with Epic.

But now, my proxy button disappears constantly, and I have ads showing up in Facebook, and occasionally on YouTube, which indicates to me that the Ad-block extension is not functioning properly.

What's going on, Epic?

Getting really tired of having to restart the browser repeatedly. Having to relog all my tabs several times a day is quite the pain. Again, never had any issues like this until very recently, within the last couple of weeks at most.

Thanks!

#2 2014-11-06 11:07:34

sai

Re: Proxy issues and ads

Hi Sativaleaf,

We are getting lot of reports of proxy disappearing. We are working on this bug, we shall fix this and let you know.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-11-07 02:18:34

sativaleaf

Thank you, Sai.

As I type this, I have no proxy, and I have ads displaying on both Facebook & YouTube, so basically, none of Epic's perks are working right now.

I look forward to getting an update on a fix. Thank you, again. smile

Sat

#4 2014-11-07 08:09:56

sai

Hi Sat,

I'm able to reproduce this bug, and I think this is a very serious bug and we shall give an update immediately.

Thank You
Sai

#5 2014-11-13 18:44:03

sativaleaf

Hi Sai,

Thanks for looking into this issue further.

Seems like the features have been working well for the last couple of days, until now. Noticed my proxy button gone, and ads showing up again. Also very slow browsing.

I closed Epic out, reopened it, still no proxy option. Opened it up a 2nd time, still broken. I opened it a 3rd time, and the features seem to have returned.

This is a serious bug, and I'll be honest, I'm growing quite weary of going through this process over and over.  Hoping your team can implement a permanent fix very soon. This is getting beyond irritating. I'm feeling like just going back to Chrome where I can install adblock and know it will work every time.

Any updates you could provide would be splendid. Thanks!

Sat

#6 2014-11-14 10:26:53

sai

Hi Sativaleaf,

Are you on Windows (version) or OS X (version)?

Thank You
Sai Krishna

Board footer