Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-11-02 18:40:57

Help with installing

I have very happily been using Epic. Recently, I kept having probs getting online and seems some malware has been messing with my proxy settings. Sorted that out. Then for some reason couldn't run Epic at all.
So uninstalled it. Then tried to reinstall. The hidden reflex install program seems to run fine when I download, but still can't seem to get Epic? What am I doing wrong?

#2 2014-11-03 08:05:52

sai

Re: Help with installing

Hi, Can you uninstall and see %LOCALAPPDATA% for Epic Privacy Browser. It should usually go with an uninstall, but if it has failed for any reason, you can delete it and install it again.

#3 2014-11-03 13:33:50

Where do I find 'LOCALAPPDATA' ? Just tried reinstall again and nothing happening.....

#4 2014-11-03 15:39:56

sai

Hi, %LOCALAPPDATA% in Windows Explorer or in Windows Run, you go directly to the folder where Epic is installed. Make sure everything should be gone ideally (other wise delete it, if it is staying because of some malware interference). Then go to epicbrowser.com and install fresh version

#5 2014-11-09 20:24:26

I don't know where this is? What are the exact steps to trace 'windows run?' I have typed it into my search and nothing useful. Pl be more specific if you can . Thanks in advance.v

#6 2014-11-14 10:38:57

sai

Press "Windows (button on keyboard) + r". This will get you run prompt. Type in that box %LOCALAPPDATA% and press "OK".

Look for Epic Privacy Browser Folder there, delete the complete folder.

Now go to epicbrowser.com and install a fresh version of Epic.

Thank You
Sai Krishna

Board footer