Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-09-12 16:51:39

Ivan

Internet Privacy

1) How do I check what is my unique browser fingerprint?
2) How do I allow advertisement to load?
3) Is any of my system details leaked (For example, IP Address) when I visit a site that use Adobe Flash?

#2 2014-09-15 02:36:53

sathi
Administrator

Re: Internet Privacy

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for writing us,

1) For Browser fingerprinting, you can use https://panopticlick.eff.org/
2) Visit a site , click on Umbrella button next to wrench menu, then click "NO"  in Block Ads and trackers sections. This setting is site basis.
3)Yes, Flash leaks your IP address, System fonts, Screen resolution, time zone , e.t.c

#3 2014-09-15 09:58:17

Ivan

1) When I click on the umbrella button and then click NO in block ads and trackers sections, will Epic browser remember not to block ads and trackers on that specific website the next time I visit the site again?
2) Do Epic Browser remove super cookies once the browser is closed?
3) If epic browser get crash, will Epic Browser remove all data the next time it is opened?

#4 2014-09-19 02:33:12

sathi
Administrator

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for the late reply,

1. Yes, once you click no , Epic remembers that site and show ads from the next visit.
2. Yes, Epic removes all kinds of cookies on browser close.
3. At this point, Epic removes user data on successful browser close. For crashes, user data is not going to remove. We don't want to user to loose their data if epic get crashed.

Thanks

#5 2014-09-19 12:46:15

Ivan

1. Will ads tracking data still be removed when I close the browser for that particular website I allowed advertisements to load?
2. Do epic remove all kind of data (including plugin data such as Adobe Flash Player, Java and etc.)?
3. So user data (such as cookies, history and etc.) still remain there the next time the user open Epic Browser again? Will user data be removed after closing it properly the second time?

#6 2014-09-19 15:42:30

sathi
Administrator

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for asking us  interesting questions.

1. Epic never saves any trackers data.  Remembers your settings related to showing adds for a specific website on browser close. 
2. Yes, Epic removes all macro media on browser close
3. Yes, history , cookies and couple of other files will be deleted on browser close.

Basically Epic removes files which may leak your privacy on browser close. keep asking if you any questions for us.

Thanks

#7 2014-09-23 14:16:00

Ivan

1. What do you mean by "Remembers your settings related to showing adds for a specific website on browser close."?
2. You mean that if I didn't close the browser properly for the first time and when I re-open and close properly the second time all user data will be removed (including the first time where it was not closed properly)?

#8 2014-09-23 14:19:33

Ivan

3) Do Epic Proxy keep logs?

#9 2014-09-23 14:34:54

sathi
Administrator

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for typo error. Thanks for asking more questions.

1. Remembers your settings related to showing Ads for a specific website on browser close.
2. Yes, Deletes user data including previous one.
3. No, from our end. But user can enable logging.

#10 2014-09-25 09:44:50

Ivan

What is the purpose of logging?

#11 2014-09-25 14:47:59

sathi
Administrator

Hi Ivan,

Good question,

Logging records events in a software. This events can be any thing related to a software.  For example in Epic we keep logs (client side only, not sent to any servers) to check all the browser components are loaded or not. Logging help us in debugging and many other purposes.

Note: By default logging is disabled in Epic.

#12 2014-10-08 03:33:21

henhillbilly

I am confused.  Isn;t Epic a privacy browser?  Yet, when I was on a news site the other day, Facebook knew who I was!  I thought using Epic would stop things like that, and I am pretty heated about this.

#13 2014-10-09 08:21:09

sathi
Administrator

Hi henhillbilly,

Sorry for inconvenience, We tested couple of news sites, it's not happening from our end.
Can you tell us the site name, if possible please share some screenshots.

Thanks,

#14 2014-11-19 14:48:31

dlw1412

OK ... i have a question. Hopefully you can answer it.

I took a survey online. It was a 'Yes' or 'No' question. OK, i checked 'No'. While i did this i was using Chrome. I closed Chrome and ran CCleaner and opened Epic and went to the same URL to vote again, and it said i already voted. I cleared everything from cache to you name it. They still know i voted. I have ALL flash, Jave, Etc... disabled. I even used Cybe Ghost VPN on Chrome extension and they still knew i voted. I disabled ( turned Off) all VPN extensions, and they still know i voted. How do they know? My IP Number changes every time i open Epic. I'm at a loss.
I run for a leak and all comes back fine. My real IP number doesn't show up. Can you explain what gives ,,, LOL!

#15 2014-11-20 08:56:09

sai

Can you give us the site? We'd love to investigate it and see what has leaked your IP?

Thank You
Sai

#16 2014-11-22 22:10:15

gimpy

Use the Site Sathi posted using the Anonymousengine and see the difference.

Board footer