Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-01-20 20:02:28

c7f138aa

High CPU workload

I only registered to this forum to post this annoying issue:

The browser as such is working great most of the time, BUT there is one thing that annoys me very much: The incomprehensible high CPU load of one of the epic.exe files (PID: 5108). It demands up to 700.000 kB of my RAM, while the remaining exe-files keep a modest demand from 28.000 kB - 200.000 kB. Google's Chrome never had such a Ram cormorant and I'm very sure that this is the reason why it always ran at a better performance. Since I don't want to return to Google's browser, I herbey want to know about this single .exe, that causes the whole browser to work quite unstable, concerning the performance.

#2 2015-01-29 09:40:45

alok
Administrator

Re: High CPU workload

This is really strange?!  We recently updated Epic...are you still seeing so much RAM usage?  It may be the Epic Filter process which blocks ads and trackers -- if you have a lot of tabs open, that process can get big...we're working to make it smaller.

#3 2015-02-02 16:27:38

tuxbuddy

Re: High CPU workload

I have the same absurdly high RAM usage with Epic.  I love the browser otherwise, but this issue is very limiting.  Thank you.

Board footer