Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-05 18:07:18

monkey_man

Can you disable auto-logout??

Hey,

I love the browser but it has one major flaw. It can save login forms though it always logs out automatically when I quit the browser. When I open it again I have to click "login" or "signin" on every page although I don't have to type the login (email and password is saved) again.
I hope you understand what I mean wink In my opinion it should have the option to disable auto-logout.

When this problem is fixed I'll only be using Epic but until then I have to stay with FireFox.

There's no solution to this, right?

Cheers

#2 2015-02-06 08:32:21

sai

Re: Can you disable auto-logout??

Hello,

Yes there is a solution, You can go to chrome://extensions  and go to our web store and use extension like LastPass?

Keeping any session or cookie after you quit, makes you vulnerable to tracking. That is the reason we remove all cookies on quit of Epic Browser.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2015-02-06 15:59:25

monkey_man

sai wrote:

Hello,

Yes there is a solution, You can go to chrome://extensions  and go to our web store and use extension like LastPass?

Keeping any session or cookie after you quit, makes you vulnerable to tracking. That is the reason we remove all cookies on quit of Epic Browser.

Thank You
Sai

Thanks for the quick response.
But somehow it doesn't even work with LastPass or I'm just not able to get it working. It would be great to see the feature in the next version of EPB so you could keep the cookies on certain pages. Do you think this could be an option in the future?

#4 2015-02-23 15:40:12

Hello,

How do disable the saved password function? I used it for my bank account and now cannot access my account anymore.

Thanks for any help with this

#5 2015-02-24 09:46:50

alok
Administrator

@monkey_man sorry we will always delete all cookies on close of your browser.  It's both a privacy and security risk to leave you logged in on close of the browser.  We know that click is annoying, but privacy and security matter!  You may also want to use Epic for all your browsing, and use Firefox for the few accounts you want to always be logged into. 

@loiskarpinski -- in the settings (the three bar icon) you can disable saving passwords and also delete any saved passwords.

Board footer