Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-01-31 16:29:03

Will_cain

Cant install yes I know other peolple have had this problem.

Windows XP media centre SP3. Firefox, Virus checker disabled

I download the setup OK run that, it tries to connect, fails waits n seconds then tries again, eventually says it's installed but it hasn't on account of it not being able to download it.

Just tried it on my 8.1 machine and that's OK. I've seen this problem reported in 2013 but thought I'd start a new thread as no ones seems to have had it recently.

Is there anyway I can use the file sent down on my 8.1 machine, wherever that my be, to install it on my XP machine or is there an alternative site? I've looked at some but they come with too much baggage

Cheers

#2 2015-02-02 19:00:28

sathi
Administrator

Re: Cant install yes I know other peolple have had this problem.

Hi will_cain,

We are not able to generate this on  windows xp, sp3 vm. Suspecting some network issue on XP.
Did you rebooted your PC and tried?.  Any how we are also trying to generate this bug.

Thank You

#3 2015-02-04 14:10:44

redrocket

He's right. I'm trying to download Epic from a Windows XP machine and it's not installing. I can get the installer just fine, however, when it connects it fails. The installer tries another 2 times and then displays that the install was successful, yet nothing gets downloaded.

#4 2015-02-04 18:39:22

sathi
Administrator

Hi redrocket,

Thanks for the post.  there might be some issue with our cdn , we are looking into this.

#5 2015-02-04 19:52:44

mrbob

Same problem here with xp sp3. so used the, mini_installer.exe, file from my win 7 machine
and used that to install it on xp machine. works ok. I will do it the proper way, once they get it working. Hope this helps as a short term fix.

atb mrbob.

#6 2015-02-05 03:27:46

tinybubbles

Same in Server 2003 patched to the gills. Actually so far on 3 servers, 2003 Std, Enterprise, and Std R2

#7 2015-02-05 11:44:02

Chalchote

I too have the same  problem, I m trying to instal epic since last two days but unable to install it. I am on Windows XP sp3.
It says waiting to download Epic..., then says Download Epic failed & Retry in 11 seconds than 20 sec etc  And at last it  says Installation complete , BUT it doesn't instal it. It only creates a folder Epic & inside it an empty folder CrashReports.

2nd thing is epic uses a lot of memory (PF Usage) around 700 MB to 1GB specially when a site has a lot of images. And even after closing those tabs the PF Usage doesn't reduces. All I have to do is close the epic & again launch it.

This used too happen when my pc has epic now I don't have it. I am trying to install it but its not installing.

#8 2015-02-19 08:34:00

zyp

Same here. Not installing on my XP SP3, but installed fine on W8.1. FWIW I can't install current Google Chrome on the XP SP3 computer either. The last version it would accept was 34, then said future versions wouldn't work because the hardware wasn't supported. So I believe your installer needs to check for this first.

#9 2015-02-19 15:46:24

sathi
Administrator

Hi zyp,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we had fixed this issue couple of days back, can you check now!!

#10 2015-02-19 18:03:36

zyp

sathi wrote:

Hi zyp,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we had fixed this issue couple of days back, can you check now!!

I've just redownloaded the installer on XP SP3 computer and it's the same as before:
MD5: 8f87df1180905643c5c60097ee32adab *EpicSetup.exe
So why would it do any good to try again?  I restarted my computer before the first attempt.

Here's a graphic of the prior installation error situation:
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/C4z12LXW/file.html
It then completed the process and said the installation was complete, with a box containing a green checkmark, but it was not installed. Only some cache files, error files, and a log file. In cleaning up afterwards... I was able to delete all except the log file directly. I had to delete the log file in safe mode because it said something else was using it. A mystery. What was using it? I couldn't find any registry entries for Epic so hope it was cleaned...?

Google Chrome browser only works up to version 34 on this XP SP3 computer, then refuses to install later versions. I think it has to do with my processor AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2GHz, which lacks some needed operations/features.

#11 2015-02-20 04:51:14

sathi
Administrator

Hi zyp,

Thanks for the replay. Looks like some issues with mini_installer.exe. We will check into this and get back to you a.s.a.p

Board footer