Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-17 17:55:26

aunk

Things which Epic browser needs immediately

Hi all,

This is a excellent browser and developers did a good job. But it lacks few things which most of the mainstream browsers are providing with regards to privacy...

1. Search engine customization:

Please I request the developers to do something about it. I cannot add any other privacy search engine.

2. Privacy and security addons which this browser lacks:

WOT, Self-destructing cookies, Noscript, Procon latte content filter,flashblock, imglikeopera

3. Download managers

Download them all

These are the things which this browser lacks seriously.....

#2 2015-02-24 09:18:40

alok
Administrator

Re: Things which Epic browser needs immediately

Thanks, great feedback!!

1 -- we're working on it.  the problem is that the so-called other privacy search engines we're having difficulties trusting them, we're talking to them though. 

in the meantime, use any search engine by typing in the address bar (bit of a pain, sorry!)

2 -- good recommendations!!  some you mentioned it's interesting to note are NOT private like WOT -- WOT is a great addon but then all your browsing passes through their servers, but it's interesting because it increases security.  so sometimes security and privacy are at odds.  they want a licensing fee for private data which we can't afford right now (they provide data to chrome users for free :-( ). 

for flashblock & noscript, you have some controls in the settings on this. 

3 -- ahh, yes, but i don't know if download them all works for chrome?

Board footer