Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-04-17 04:51:08

weave2u

Proxy continues to cause havoc

Can't even really use the proxy, which is the primary security feature. Unless you have all day to sit while pages loooooaaaaadddddd or just don't load at all, you have to shut the proxy off. When Epic is working properly - it's the BOMB!! but, when it isn't, it's a bit of a pain <grin>

#2 2015-04-17 06:19:16

sathi
Administrator

Re: Proxy continues to cause havoc

Hi weave2u,

Thanks for patience, we are working on it. Give us little bit of time, everything will be okay.

Thanks,
Sathi

#3 2015-04-17 16:27:48

weave2u

Thank you Sathi... We know you guys are hard at work gettin' it done for us, but I figure it's best to report the issues than not. Keep up the labors...they're worth it for those of us who hate spying, tracking, and theft of personal information.  I find it interesting that the very companies that fought for "Intellectual Property rights" back "in the day" are the very same ones who are ripping off every shred of data they can get from us!! So definitely keep up the fight Sathi, there are plenty of us that care (still) :-D

#4 2015-04-28 02:05:29

mutterer

4/27:    Epic has been beyond slow for the past week or so, so slow in fact that I had to use Opera to reach this Forum.   I'm running Epic on Mac and Win7 PC, have updated, and close frequently.  Nothing works. 

It has become unusable.  What is wrong, please?

#5 2015-04-28 05:26:18

mutterer

Hello?  Anyone home in Bangalore?

Yes, hello, once again I got here courtesy of Opera as Epic is still spinning looking something up on Amazon. 
Bangalore, may I please have the courtesy of a reply as to why Epic just seems to get slower every day?

#6 2015-04-28 16:37:01

weave2u

I'd be willing to bet it's the proxy still.  I've been running it without the proxy, and it's still sluggish, but usable. Try shutting off the proxy. Unfortunately, for some sites, i.e., google, et al, Epic insists on using the proxy.

#7 2015-05-01 10:30:21

sathi
Administrator

Hi All,

We have added few more servers to our proxy services. It should be working fine now. Let us know if proxy still slow.

Thanks

#8 2015-05-03 13:22:19

eris

Proxy 38.86.48.38 is excruciatingly slow this morning. Other proxy, starting with 108, was much faster when I restarted.

#9 2015-05-08 19:39:26

MadmanR

EPIC's proxy server is (arguably) the least useful 'through-put' feature for any of my systems that use it as a primary browser.
2 of them under Windows X/P SP3 and one under Windows 7.
All with max RAM installed.
Wi-Fi connection solely.

eris wrote:

Proxy 38.86.48.38 is excruciatingly slow this morning. Other proxy, starting with 108, was much faster when I restarted.

Same issue for me, yesterday (2015.05.03), when I tried turning it "on" again.
Might try the optional proxy some time but haven't been happy with it "on."
Just sort'a gave up on proxy usage, sadly...

I won't **ever** give up on EPIC itself though!

But some of its features (proxy, EPIC search results, BING as a search engine) simply don't work well for me.

Still, when I fire-up Google's CHROME engine for those increasingly rare times when I get a little too frustrated with EPIC, the amount of 'tracking' detritus found on my HDD is astonishing in size, scope & scale.
The very same garbage EPIC never even allows to reach my HDD!

-----

One recommendation, for all of you, came to me (a long-time user of CCleaner) to eliminate far more of the website/Operating System garbage on our HDDs.

It's called "BleachBit" and the first time I ran it it found well over 200mb of useless data I never wanted nor asked for on my system(s), and CCleaner never found THAT stuff at all!

M.Riley
St. Paul  Minnesota USA

#10 2015-05-11 03:57:45

sathi
Administrator

@eris, madmanR : Sorry for inconvenience, 38.86.48.38  is up now.  Thanks for the patience.

Board footer