Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-09-22 22:55:17

light.rock

Corporate Policy regarding the Proxy browsing

I got a complaint today from our IT, they have not yet reviewed Epic.

I briefly explained the benefits.  I will have to type up something and put in a request.

Most notable, I believe, is the proxy feature.  The version I had installed, until today ( I had to remove it ), appeared to properly honor our IT Policy which is enforced a variety of different ways. 

I did not know how exactly Epic is honoring our content / traffic filtering.  The proxy icon did not even appear.

I suspect it is because Epic's proxy service itself is blocked.  Please let me know how this works exactly, was it a windows policy or because of the block of your proxy.

NOTE:  I do not intend to defeat the corporate policy, and I want it to be honored ( so I can benefit from all the other security features )

I need the details so I can satisfy the pro's.  Whatever you are doing is fine.  How exactly, and will it stay that way. ?

#2 2016-01-09 00:17:12

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Corporate Policy regarding the Proxy browsing

Not sure why the proxy icon disappeared?  Has it come back?

The proxy does let you bypass any corporate network content filtering/blocked websites, etc. so that your employer can't track you.

Board footer