Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-09-26 09:13:04

Cannot Access Epic Search and Google Even With Proxy Disabled

Hello Epic,

In addition to my Proxy problem, I can't seem to access Epicsearch and Google even with the Proxy disabled. When I try to access Google, I am getting the "Unable to connect to the proxy server" error message even when the Proxy is disabled. Other sites work fine except Google.

Also when I search query on Epic Search it prompts me to complete a "Captcha" but it's showing no image because there is an error message saying "There was an issue communicating with the captcha provider. More information may be available below." Hence, I could not complete the Security Check to access Epic Search.

Hope you can help me sort out this issue.

Thank you and MORE POWER!!

#2 2015-12-02 13:17:32

sathi
Administrator

Re: Cannot Access Epic Search and Google Even With Proxy Disabled

Search engines HAVE to run over the proxy or they'll fail...that's because we consider search privacy essential...so if the proxy is down, search won't work.  Was a kind of compromise we made. 

We had that captcha for awhile as we were under attack :-| at that time...

Board footer