Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-07-08 20:01:20

kwbear

Browser stopped working using proxy Server

About a week ago the Epic Browser stopped working most of the time when connected by way of the proxy Server. Bypassing the proxy allows web connections. Occasionally, I have been able to connect via the proxy Server. No other reports have appeared on this Forum. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've had to switch back to Firefox with great reluctance.

Configuration: Intel Macintosh, OS 10.9.5, Epic 40.9.2185.o

#2 2015-07-21 17:41:36

alok
Administrator

Re: Browser stopped working using proxy Server

Sorry about that, some of our server providers abruptly and arbitrarily turned off some of our servers.  We have gotten more servers live so hopefully the service is working for you again.

#3 2015-07-26 16:50:12

kwbear

Alok:

Sorry to report the Epic browser will only work if I do not use the proxy servers. The problem has been ongoing even after your last post on July 21st.

#4 2015-08-03 21:20:17

suraj_mahli

Glad to see an Indian browser..

#5 2015-08-10 19:29:36

obare17

I am also experiencing the same problem for almost a week now. Please try to fix it up, thanks.

#6 2015-08-31 11:03:00

Hey Guys'

I am having the same problem when I enable the Proxy Icon. The browser will no longer connect to the Web. Love the blocking and tracking features! They are working well and I use them ALWAYS! Any feedback on this?

Mike2008and2008

#7 2015-09-14 17:25:31

I am experiencing this problem today. Is anyone else having this issue?

Is this related to previous posts?

Thanks

#8 2015-10-08 14:11:22

nadim.khatib

Any updates my friend. Is there a way we can change the proxy servers manually.

alok wrote:

Sorry about that, some of our server providers abruptly and arbitrarily turned off some of our servers.  We have gotten more servers live so hopefully the service is working for you again.

#9 2015-10-30 00:56:56

leim_1999

Good evening:

My problem is this: I use Epic (set to spanish), I open it, then I go to my mail service and suddenly the page vanishes and a screen is displayed:

"¡Oh, no! Se ha producido un error al mostrar esta página web. Para continuar, vuelve a cargar la página o accede a otra", etc.

But this happens almost at every new attempt to watch my mail or any other pages. This is happening from a week ago, as minimum. Is it some kind of boicot against Epic? Anyway, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for your attention.

#10 2015-12-02 13:07:51

sathi
Administrator

Try turning the proxy off.  It may be that your mail service is detecting you as being somewhere unusual (because of our proxy) and blocking access.

#11 2015-12-02 13:09:16

sathi
Administrator

No way to change proxy servers manually, can only close/re-open Epic.

Board footer