Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-03-26 22:02:36

gmcbettor

Google fixes my location

When i type "google.com" in the url window, Epic Browser opens the russian version of Google search. But how did they know my location?

#2 2016-04-07 07:46:01

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Google fixes my location

Most likely your proxy is turned off.  Make sure you have the proxy on.   The other way is if you're logged into google services like gmail.

#3 2016-04-07 16:14:20

gmcbettor

Even when I reopen EpicPrivacy, it opens the russian version of Google. What are those services that can save to me even when I reopen Epic? There are green things connected right to url window, meaning proxy is on. By the way, I checked my location and it is USA although I live not on this continent. Mean, proxy works correctly.

Tell me please does my internet provider sees my history when I use EpicPrivacy?

#4 2016-04-08 06:53:48

alok_epicteam
Administrator

When the Proxy is on, your internet provider should not be able to see your browsing -- your browsing should all be encrypted by Epic's servers so that your ISP should be able to see your browsing.

That's very confusing that Google still detects you're in Russia with the proxy on and when you're not logged in anywhere.  You tried closing and re-opening Epic?

#5 2016-04-08 13:16:22

gmcbettor

In the last part of first sentence you wanted to say "your ISP should NOT be able to see your browsing", right? Just to make sure.

While Google opened me again the russian verion, I clicked on show the english version of vebsite on the right bottom side. From that time the english verison always loads - everythings is ok, i.e. Other searching services (Yandex,...) have not ever redirect me to the russian versions when typing ".com", by the way.

Board footer