Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-04-06 13:46:54

Hoops

Assertion Failed/Can't Install (being approved)

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help.  I've tried installing Epic on Win7 64bit and I keep getting an "assertion failed" dialogue which says:

Assertion (Assert) failed!

Process: 8120 (0x00001FB8)
Thread 1180 (0x0000049C)
Program: C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Installer\EpicUpdate.exe
Version: 1.3.27.13
File: net\network_request_impl.cc
Line: 509

Expression: (((HRESULT)(last_hr_)) >+0) &&*http_status_code

*** Please hit Ignore to continue and send error information to the Epic Privacy Browser Installer team ***
*** These details have been pasted to the clipboard ***

If I click ignore, I get another dialogue saying "connecting to the internet" then I'm told Epic has been installed.  It hasn't.  I've tried this on two PCs, one as a fresh installation and the other that had Epic previously installed and get the same.  It makes no difference if I run the installer as an administrator or not.

Can anyone help please?  I've searched around this forum and found a similar problem but no solution that works for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hoops (2016-04-08 14:51:31)

#2 2016-04-07 09:29:17

pk

Re: Assertion Failed/Can't Install (being approved)

Hi Hoops,

To fix this issue, make sure you are using a direct internet connection not a proxy connection. The same problem occurred in my laptop when I was using a manual proxy setting. But when I switched to a direct wifi connection, Epic installed perfectly. So you can try this idea.

Thanks.

#3 2016-04-08 14:51:06

Hoops

pk wrote:

Hi Hoops,

To fix this issue, make sure you are using a direct internet connection not a proxy connection. The same problem occurred in my laptop when I was using a manual proxy setting. But when I switched to a direct wifi connection, Epic installed perfectly. So you can try this idea.

Thanks.

Thanks for replying.  Already on a direct connection - any other ideas?

Sorry to everyone for my multiple posts - there seems to be a delay in posts appearing on the forum, I thought it was an error my end and made some other posts which I've deleted now.

#4 2016-04-08 15:12:02

thescubadude

Any help with this. Seems a lot of people of having the same issue. I've been using Epic for a year or so and suddenly on boot I got this error. Uninstalled and attempted to re-install and now have the same error and can't install at all. Windows 10.

#5 2016-04-08 15:12:55

thescubadude

I am not using a proxy...

#6 2016-04-12 10:09:55

Hoops

I posted a reply a few days back but it hasn't appeared :-(  pk - thanks for your help.  I downloaded the browser again today and it installed perfectly.  I've not made any changes, so perhaps a new version has been released.  Anyway, i'm happy to be able to use it again :-D

Board footer