Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-07 20:02:44

epicwinx

New feature request

new features i would like to see -
multi tab login
integrated torrent client
regular update with time to time
integrated antivirus (just like in previous epic browser which was based on firefox)
support of indian languages (hindi , gujrati, bengali, tamil, telgu, assamese etc.)
robust epic search engine
auto update feature
opera like stashing of links
opera like turbo feature for slow connections
tab preview inbuilt

#2 2013-09-10 15:26:44

alok
Administrator

Re: New feature request

Great list -- thanks!!  We'll surely keep these in mind. 

Incidentally, Epic already by default auto-updates.  For the Mac, you have to manually approve each update.  For Windows, we plan to allow users to turn off auto-updating (if you're highly privacy-conscious).

#3 2013-09-11 03:57:52

jbarrington

I can agree with many of these requests that were given. If any of those items might weaken the user's ability for privacy, then allow the user the option of either allowing it, or not. There may be instances where the user may want/need to allow revealing something. After all, the purpose of Epic is bring in more users, and allowing them to choose what they may want to be revealed or tracked. smile

#4 2013-09-13 03:33:23

angelboy

i would like thanks alok and his team with such a good browser. it is quick and fast. i have one request is it possible to select different country proxy like UK, India?

#5 2013-09-13 18:54:18

alok
Administrator

Sorry don't have India/UK proxies for now.  Our proxy provider Spotflux has almost all US proxy servers (though some users have reported seeing European proxies).

#6 2013-09-15 23:30:33

tomcat

Due to the proxies begin located on USA, most users in other countries have a slowdown when brownsing the net. To compesate this could you add in the following features, on this order of priority: 1)-Internet Accelerator, 2)- Download Accelerator, 3)- YouTube Accelerator. I thank you for your attention.

#7 2013-09-16 03:37:44

alok
Administrator

Thanks!  Nice thoughts - let us know if you favore particular services for the three.

#8 2013-09-18 11:49:18

braj86

in our college, we use net through college proxy which requires authentication. But Internet proxy settings are disabled in the new epic. I think this should be enabled and i don't think it is a security problem..

#9 2013-09-19 06:27:32

alok
Administrator

Thanks!!  Yes, no privacy issue!  We're going to allow you to set your own proxy...coming soon!!

#10 2013-09-23 02:21:02

tomcat

I have just found  a old version of Epic Browser, not that the 'secure browser' but the one called version 1.9.5 based on firefox 19 with black colors ... lol, why did you discontinued him ? It was a really cool browser with its beauty esthetic with a lot of resources. Then I keep a copy of installer here smile Could you let me know something about ? thank you for all guys, my best regards ever.

#11 2013-09-24 22:28:15

alok
Administrator

Thanks so much!!  Our old Epic was focused on supporting India and got millions of downloads and hundreds of thousands of users in 195+ countries - we thank everyone so much for its support - so we and so many others did really like it!!  Unfortunately, things we supported like Indic language usage just hasn't been growing online. 

We felt privacy was a core & very important browser problem that a niche browser had to solve, Google or Microsoft who get billions of dollars a year from ads/tracking weren't going to solve it, so we decided to change the direction of the product.  Also, many many users complained that Mozilla's performance was falling behind Chromium.  We never expected this explosion of privacy concerns that's happened the past three months but are so glad everyone's becoming aware of this issue.  We hope to continue to serve our old users and add many more to the new privacy-focused Epic. 

Thanks so much for your support & appreciation - keeps us going!!

#12 2013-09-25 15:55:17

Nyakai

I really like the browser so far, except the adblocking part.
I like adblock plus and I use it with chrome. It works perfectly fine when all its features are enabled : the block lists provided your browser are helpful for sure but that can't be the only option availaible.
So far I used adblock to hide absolutely every ad or hide part of some websites functionnalities that I disliked, by adding custom block lists or blocking them manually(Youtube reccomandations, chats, etc).
As far as I know, I can't do that when I use your browser and I really miss those features.

#13 2013-09-27 03:20:35

alok
Administrator

Hi - thanks for your support & feedback!

You'd like the ability to be able to add a custom block list and manually block stuff? 

You can add more lists via the Epic Adblock options (link in the umbrella button).

Board footer