Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-11-19 17:05:31

redrocket

Latest Build v55

Thanks for the update, guys. Browsing with it right now. I see the new EpicProxy button. Does this interact with enabling the global proxy button? What are some scenarios for using both of them?

#2 2016-11-21 22:02:03

tbass71

Re: Latest Build v55

redrocket wrote:

Thanks for the update, guys. Browsing with it right now. I see the new EpicProxy button. Does this interact with enabling the global proxy button? What are some scenarios for using both of them?

Hi, is this an update for Windows you are talking about? I have not seen any update I know Mac was updated a few weeks ago to v53. Is this another bump for Mac to v55?

#3 2016-11-22 21:17:16

redrocket

tbass71 wrote:

Hi, is this an update for Windows you are talking about? I have not seen any update I know Mac was updated a few weeks ago to v53. Is this another bump for Mac to v55?

Yes it's for Windows. If you haven't been auto-updated, then just uninstall and reinstall by downloading from the home page.

#4 2016-11-26 01:52:10

inheral

When was the new build released?. Anyone know?.

#5 2016-11-26 07:40:25

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Hi,

On 25th Nov we released the new build for Windows.

Regards
Shilad.

#6 2016-11-26 08:29:23

jimb2001

Sure wish you warned about the automatic update.  Now you have rendered your product worthless for me.  The tab update problem that you can never replicate has occurred again.  It happens on systems that have limited memory.  Open off enough tabs and you will discover the problem yourself.  There WAS a work around by disabling the tab discarding flag.  Unfortunately, this flag has disappeared with version 55 of Chrome.

So is there ANY way to reload a prior version of Epic.  One that actually worked for me.  I am sure others will complain eventually too.

#7 2016-11-26 10:08:45

inheral

shiladkumar.d wrote:

Hi,

On 25th Nov we released the new build for Windows.

Regards
Shilad.

What are the new updates with the v55 release for windows?.

#8 2016-12-01 17:51:27

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Hi All, the new Windows release 55 was finally released to all users about a week ago on November 25, 2016. 

The initial two proxy icons was actually a bug...on some systems, the original proxy wasn't removed.  It should be fixed for all users by now such that you're seeing only one proxy icon. 

The Win 55 release includes many small fixes such as fixing the bookmark manager scrolling issue, and has some major features like seven more countries to choose from for our encrypted proxy service :-D! 

The new encrypted proxy servers in the additional seven countries are not yet available to Mac users due to the strange behaviour of our encrypted proxy on the new Mac OS Sierra.  We're working on a solution for those issues, and then we hope to bring all the new servers to our wonderful Mac users as well :-).

#9 2016-12-01 20:06:52

wdburt1

Since release 55 installed itself on my machine, I have been getting an extra Epic icon on the desktop and in the taskbar.  It usually occurs when the computer is booted up, and then will occur 2-3 times later during the day.  I remove the extra icons each time but it always repeats itself later.  I normally keep an Epic icon on the desktop and none in the taskbar.

Is this the bug that you refer to, and are you aware that it still needs to be fixed?

#10 2016-12-02 19:36:14

mex

Thank you for the new update - 

A question, why did the bookmarkline has to disapear when you go online - it was handy and a nice thing when you want store a website in a chozen map.

#11 2016-12-03 13:33:49

wdburt1

The new build (55) keeps putting a new icon on the desktop and in the taskbar.  This occurs at boot-up or randomly while the computer is running.  Please correct.

#12 2017-02-05 01:54:35

How do I u7pdate? Please do not say the updates are automatic.

Board footer