Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-05-02 15:22:51

ss

enable export of html bookmarks file for backups

I would like to be able to keep a backup of my bookmarks, I was able to import them from my other browser, but cannot keep an html file to be used to share in another browser and also to back up in case something happens.  I have lost bookmarks and passwords, etc several times over the years, and it is darned inconvenient.  Epic has no way of retrieving them if they are lost.

#2 2014-05-02 18:03:53

PerseidsGirl

Re: enable export of html bookmarks file for backups

Hi again, ss. Did you install Xmarks? It will sync your bookmarks and provide an HTML file. Also, Last Pass is an excellent password keeper that I've used for a couple of years. It's convenient and secure. It will store all your pw, generate new ones for new sites, track changes and enables you to edit whenever and where ever you need.

Those 2 products are made by the same co. and work well together.

#3 2017-04-27 14:50:26

magic7ball

I know this has undoubtedly been resolved for OP, but for anyone still having this issue I just wanted to add that Xmarks is no longer necessary to get an HTML file of bookmarks. A much simpler way is to use the built in bookmark manager as outlined here:

1. Navigate to the bookmark manager from the customization menu

2. Select bookmark manager from the bookmarks section (Ctrl+Shift+O should work as well)

3. From here select the folder you want as an HTML backup file

4. Click the Organize button at the top of the folder and select the Export Bookmarks to HTML File option

5. Choose destination for file, and you're done!

Hope this helped anyone having difficulty with the process or Xmarks specifically.

#4 2017-04-27 18:05:44

techknight22

I'm so glade I found this port, Xmarks is freaking LEGIT! Love it!

#5 2017-06-20 14:11:20

techknight22

Xmarks is great but it errored out on me when I was using a loner laptop at work and it lost a TON of bookmarks and didn't recover when trying the repair options. So be careful and always backup to a html file. Luckily Dell didn't have to format my main machine and was able to recover all the bookmarks from the laptop when they shipped it back.

#6 2017-06-29 08:21:32

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Super -- that's great service from Dell!!  Yes, true, always critical to back up locally as well.

Board footer