Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-17 11:11:48

Zatris

Some of my Preferences

Bookmark Bar - allow Icons only (removing text) ability to resize icons 
Page Tabs - I like them below the Address Bar and sometimes even on the bottom bar.
Address Bar - able to Customize icon size and spacing, ability to add spaces so I can move page controls to toward the center. I have multi-monitors so not straining my next to the left is a plus.

Spellchecker? right click offers choice of words to correct

Future of Epic - limited extensions and add-ons as long as they dont interfere with it. Better Help descriptors and all around.

Aside from this, nice browser so far.

"Red Warrior needs food badly!"

#2 2013-09-19 06:45:48

alok
Administrator

Re: Some of my Preferences

Thanks so much for your support & feedback!! 

A few tough requests though!! 

Not sure if we can very easily support top tabs.

Custom icon spacing in the address bar as well sounds tough (we actually tried quite a bit to make the proxy icon bigger, but our settings kept getting overridden by chromium - need to try again but everything in chromium ends up being difficult!!).

Spellchecker - we use a local dictionary and the google web services should be disabled.  is this working okay for you?

Extensions - let us know which ones you'd like, we are exploring allowing some private extensions

Help - please let us know your ideas here, we want users to understand how things work and impact their privacy, tough to do, please keep sharing your thoughts, we definitely need to work on this! 

Great detailed feedback - please keep sending it to us & helping us make Epic better!!!

#3 2013-09-20 06:55:51

Zatris

I dont know how the local dictionary is supposed to work in Epic but there are not right click options to use and misspelled words show only the wavy underline. If thats all there is, thats a major fail in my book.

Extensions, I have already posted in other threads my thoughts for some extensions. I would like to see more appearance features or features from add-ons.

Customizing the address bar may not seem important, but the bookmark bar mod should be much easier to change.

These little appearance mods are the reasons people will continue to choose Firefox/Waterfox regardless of the minor security and anonymity increases that Chromium might offer. If the dev team cant handle a few more appearance options, maybe you should get someone that can. Its a good start but I am like everyone else, I want MOAR!

"Red Warrior needs food badly!"

#4 2013-09-20 19:15:53

alok
Administrator

Thanks as always for the feedback - great thoughts and some we're working on like allowing some extensions.  Appearance options will take some time to get to especially for us - try pushing the chromium team for them too.

Board footer