Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-08 14:24:16

stephanev

sign in in google account is not working

It seems that signing in my google account does not work.
It loads an empty page after I sign in.

Any idea of what is going on  ? thank you

#2 2013-09-09 09:37:30

silverheart

Re: sign in in google account is not working

I have this problem too. sad And more: Hangout don't work too : "Server not answer".

Last edited by silverheart (2013-09-09 09:39:09)

#3 2013-09-09 22:52:35

alok
Administrator

Hi!  Sorry for the problems & thanks for your support.

What systems are you each respectively using?  Did you change any other system or browser settings?  Google login/hangouts work fine in your other browsers? 

We've found Google Accounts and Hangout to work fine in our testing -- but if you send us any details we will test further & try to resolve -- thanks!

#4 2013-09-10 10:01:50

silverheart

Hi! I using the Windows 7 Ultimate. In Epic browser i can login to Google+ (thus Hangout can't connect)  but can't "Enter to Epic" in settings. I press to "Enter Epic", then enter my google login and password and receive blank page and further anything. I can load screen video, if you need. Sorry for my bad English.
P.S. I was installed Hangout plugin, then i can connect to hangout. And I don't change any settings in system after Epic installed.

#5 2013-09-24 22:01:15

alok
Administrator

Sorry that login into Epic into the settings was code that should have been deleted.  It has been deleted now.  It was deactivated which is why logging in didn't work.

#6 2013-09-27 20:18:10

stephanev wrote:

It seems that signing in my google account does not work.
It loads an empty page after I sign in.

Any idea of what is going on  ? thank you

When you registered your Google account using a 'normal' browser, Google also registered what IP address and what browser you used.
Now that you try to login using Epic you are incognito. I.o.w. the (Epic's) IP address and browser that you login with do not match with your username/password/IP address/browser combination that they have on file. That's why you don't get access.

You will probably find that you cannot access your internet banking account via Epic either...!

Most 'high security websites' recognize mainstream browsers only. And Epic is not mainstream yet.
But even if Epic became mainstream, it is doubtful those 'high security websites' would allow it to access their servers. After all Epic's main point is to BE incognito.

Last edited by rokcetscientist (2013-09-28 02:02:18)

#7 2013-09-27 23:55:19

alok
Administrator

There are some sites that only accept IE or only IE and Firefox...but most do accept chromium based browsers like Epic!  Usually any site that works for Chrome will work for Epic.

Are you still unable to log into Gmail or other google services (apart from Chrome stuff)?

#8 2013-09-28 02:13:07

alok wrote:

Usually any site that works for Chrome will work for Epic.

Nope!
Using Epic I cannot access the internet banking accounts that I CAN access with Chrome!
I would say that falls in the category of "usually any site" that people tend to use and rely on a lot IRL, don't you?

I understand why it happens. Lots of companies, banks, departments, agencies, secret services, nukeler laboratories, ICBM launch installations, etc. etc. need to know EXACTLY who you are before they give you access. DUH. You wouldn't want anybody else accessing your banking account, would you?
So if you use Epic, which obfuscates your online identity, they cannot make a positive identification of a 'trusted person' –> Access denied. Simple as that.

That's just the downside of using an incognito browser. Fact of life.

I'll see if I can live with the constant switching between browsers in daily life. But it DOES mean that Epic cannot become my default browser, of course. Another fact of life.
And if more people come to that conclusion Epic can never become a major browser.

Last edited by rokcetscientist (2013-09-28 02:43:44)

#9 2013-09-30 22:56:42

alok
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know your problem.

Epic doesn't prevent you from authenticating your identity to a banking or other website.  Its goal is only to prevents site from tracking you and identifying you when you haven't authenticated yourself. 

We've tried to make every website we know of work, though we obviously haven't tested every site!

Which banking sites don't work?  Is it with the proxy on or off?

#10 2013-10-01 01:49:54

Western European banks. Proxy on and proxy off.

Well, what do you expect? It's like walking upto a bank's cashier in a Batman suit with your proper driver's license ID offered. Nobody really knows it's really you under that gear but you sure stick out like a sore thumb and you can forget getting unobtrusive service!
Yes, you're incognito, but the whole world can SEE that you're incognito! That sort of defeats the object of the exercise, doesn't it?

Last edited by rokcetscientist (2013-10-01 03:09:54)

#11 2013-10-01 03:43:41

alok
Administrator

Which specific bank sites?  We'll test them.  Thanks!

#12 2013-10-02 19:36:53

alok wrote:

Which specific bank sites?  We'll test them.  Thanks!

Various large A-tier retail banks. Specifically. Three at last count.
So those accounts cannot be accessed by anyone incognito = if they use the Epic browser.
That is fine because I don't want just anyone, incognito, to access my bank accounts, thank you.

The fact remains, however, that those websites – and probably many others with similar strict security rules – cannot be accessed through the Epic browser although you claim that should be possible. I.o.w. those websites classify the Epic browser as suspect/untrustworthy/unsafe and consequently block access. Perfectly understandable from a bank's point of view.

Last edited by rokcetscientist (2013-10-02 19:39:03)

Board footer