Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-21 16:20:51

jbarrington

Epic website suggestion with regards to current version number.

I know this area is devoted to suggestions for the browser itself, but I didn't see a general discussion area, so I want to apologize in advance for posting this here.

This suggestion has to do with the website and the downloaded file versions of Epic

I wanted to check to see if I had the latest version of Epic, so within my Epic browser, I clicked on the settings and about to get my version number. I then went to the Epic website and checked around to see what the latest version might be, but if the version was posted someplace, I didn't easily see it. I then clicked on the 'download' link hoping the version number would indicate itself within the file name, but that didn't seem to show itself either when it was time to save the file.

I was wondering if consideration might be made towards indicating somewhere at the top of the Epic home page, what the current version is, and perhaps include the version number with the file name whenever it's about to be downloaded.

I know that I apologized for posting this here, but I also want to deeply apologize if the current version is posted somewhere on the site. Various browsers (like FireFox) typically seem to have the current versions displayed prominently either on the homepage, download page, and/or within the file name. smile

#2 2013-09-22 22:41:27

alok
Administrator

Re: Epic website suggestion with regards to current version number.

Great thought - never worry about a redundant threat or comment or anything - actually it's good for feature requests & bugs even to hear it multiple times, shows us that what we should work on!!

You're right, we should post this on our home page somewhat prominently!  Will do this. 

Also, Windows versions auto-update...so if there's a new updating, likely re-starting Epic will put onto the latest update.  For Macs, you can select in the menu "Check for Updates" - there's a bug where it will offer to update you even when you're updated, should be fixed soon.

#3 2013-09-23 02:12:46

tomcat

Here too, I never know when a new version is avaliable or how the update process is realized. I have not had any kind of problems with epic at the moment. The Epic private browser is relatively fast when compared to others broswers using a lot of security tools smile

#4 2013-09-24 22:05:46

alok
Administrator

Thanks Tomcat, good observations.  Yes, we'll be clearer about updates and updating - and at the same time keep it super-simple!

Board footer