Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-03-31 12:35:55

supergalaxy

Crypto Currency Mining.

I have recently installed Epic after many years of use of main stream browsers. Before I did this, I had used some privacy focused browsers like Brave, SR Ware IRon. Epic does helps a lot in terms of privacy and have good reviews coming from Tech experts.
I have one issue which I have faced is, when I use certain websites my laptop would slow down, as soon as I have closed them, its running perfectly.

Is there a way to block Crypto Currency Mining on Epic ? Below are some extensions for Firefox and Chrome.

https://fossbytes.com/block-cryptocurre … n-browser/

Why Epic does not release its code ? Aviator browser failed after releasing its code, which makes some people like me worried.
Have you ever had your software put to test by Independent Security experts ?

In the end, I would like to thank you for your efforts and the team. Epic does have resolved some of my issues and I want it to be the best browser on market.

#2 2018-09-17 23:30:29

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Crypto Currency Mining.

Epic has built-in cryptocurrency mining scripts and was the very first browser to do so.  We've always made files available even to competitors as well as for auditing and been very transparent in what Epic does and doesn't do.  We will keep doing more as well. 

Thanks for your support!!!

Board footer