Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-03-14 23:37:18

slim shady

linux version

please release a epic version for linux computers

#2 2017-03-28 06:56:00

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: linux version

We're a small team so it will likely be some time before we can support Linux sadly because we also really love Linux.

#3 2017-03-30 07:17:57

bugmenot

Without linux support epic is a non-starter. It would be far fetched to claim windows can protect privacy.

If you lack resources to make a linux version happen yourself, you just have to release source code with free software licensing and a port will be done in a short time by interested people. With source release under proprietary license it's highly improbable a linux port will happen, with binary release of a linux port there will be no inclusion in linux distros.

#4 2017-07-26 21:16:54

gazoo

Not a lot of activity on this post but I agree - the Epic Browser and Linux are made for each other. A browser, built from the ground up to be privacy-respecting coupled with an OS that is transparent and at it's core respects a user's privacy.

Would love to see it happen. Love the description and some of the reviews I've seen online.

#5 2017-09-16 08:50:32

slim shady

can you give us the guide for installing epic with wine?
i tried many times but sadly failed

#6 2018-04-17 15:13:31

billy2tails

So when are we likely to see a Linux version then?
Because if you love linux so much you've had plenty
of time to bring out a linux version?

#7 2019-04-25 16:55:21

bbkjbbkj

With a small team I realize a Linux version is not a priority, but did want to add one more request to the list. Currently running Linux Mint 17.2.

Board footer