Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-04-16 02:44:45

latix50

Question about the Proxy

Hello,

As mentionned, my question is about the proxy and I am wondering what it does ? As I understand it, it is supposed to deceive a website and make it believe I am somewhere else. Like the First proxy is US Est Coast.

But I wanted to try it and went to the site : Freeform
And I got the next message :

You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.

So, is it working or not ? I am really curious hmm

Thank you in advance.

#2 2018-07-23 04:27:34

Re: Question about the Proxy

When i use proxy as France every time this message has been displayed "ERR_PROXY_CERTIFICATE_INVALID".How can i fix it?

#3 2018-09-17 20:12:23

occam

It does what it says (for me). It links to a web as if you were coming from that (proxy) country.

To test it, go to:   https://whatismyipaddress.com/ with Epic browser and see where it says you are from.

It works for me for all the proxy settings, except 'UK'

#4 2018-09-17 23:01:17

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Many websites now use a service to detect if you're from an IP address belonging to a VPN or proxy service, so unfortunately that's why many sites may try to block you or give such a notice if you access them from Epic.

That message is in fact a good sign that the proxy is working.  Unfortunately more sites are trying to block private access via an encrypted proxy like ours :-(. 

Not sure why you're getting that error with the French servers.  We're going to switch services soon which may fix that for you.

Board footer