Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-09-08 00:21:28

tronis

has anyone able to install epic browser windows 7

hi everyone

cannot get epic browser to install on windows 7. problems i been getting is says waiting to download epic then it`s says download epic failed.it`s does that for a while  a while then says installation complete there  is no icon to run it i can see epic browser folder in app data folder along with folders named Crash Reports and user data folder no exe file to run been  doing this for weeks  nice if anyone ha a fix for this

tronis

#2 2018-09-20 03:15:27

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: has anyone able to install epic browser windows 7

It may be that Epic's not downloading via the installer.  When installing Epic, be sure to be connected directly to a modem with a good net connection. 

You can try uninstalling Epic again, then deleting the Epic folder, then re-installing.  When installing Epic, be sure to be connected directly to a modem with a good connection.

To delete the Epic folder, in a Windows Navigator window type %localappdata% then delete the Epic Privacy Browser folder.

Upon installation go back to that folder and see if a .exe file is anywhere inside.

#3 2018-09-21 04:53:28

TrueClaim

Hi, I had the same issue just a few minutes ago. Found out the reason was the ISP blocking the DNS name for Epic Installer. Temporarily using proxy in the Internet Explorer(eq. mine was 94.41.206.9 port 3128, a Russian IP) would allow to complete the installation of the Epic Privacy Browser.

Mine is Windows 7.

#4 2018-09-24 14:24:43

tronis

i have installed it again and deleted folder KalpSD_Ver71 still getting the same issues in  epic vpn still not working

Last edited by tronis (2019-08-26 10:05:42)

#5 2018-09-29 14:39:55

hitheashking

hi tronis, you need to download service pack for your windows version from microsoft website and update your windows to run epic installer and other installer which download data from internet.thanks plus dont forget to install .net framework in windows update you can skip language packs but dont skip another importer updates in windows updates - Ashutosh

#6 2018-09-29 20:47:38

Sam

I had this problem but mainly had to do a search for the .exe file and it wasn't where I expected but findable.  After that it installed fine.

#7 2019-03-22 20:19:34

snakyjake

+1
I have the same problem.

The folders are crated:
\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser
     \CrashReports
     \Installer
     \User Data

I see upgrade files, but not much else.

I also see EpicUpdate.exe process running in Task Manager.

Thanks.

#8 2019-04-19 05:44:54

billriesb

I've been using Epic for a few years on my Asus windows 7 pro computer. It disappeared. Icon still on taskbar but click on it up comes an alert that says epic.exe file is moved or deleted so icon won't work and asks if I want to delete shortcut. Read other posts here and uninstalled it. I also tried to delete Epic privacy browser folder to no avail, alert comes up saying it can't be deleted because one of the files is being use by another application. Anyways, downloaded it again and ran installer. After a couple of failed attempts finally it installed and put shortcut/icon back on taskbar. Epic opened automatically but almost immediately shut down. Clicked icon and got same message as before about being moved/deleted. Went to control panel home programs/features to uninstall it and try download again but it wasn't there. After few more tries it showed up on list of programs but deleted on its own.  I really like using Epic and want to get it back working on my computer. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long winded post.

#9 2019-08-24 20:24:57

tronis

hi finally got it working the installer was blocked,TrueClaim mentioned it in his post i use another proxy and it installed fine so isp blocking epic it seems many thanks for the help guys especially to TrueClaim

#10 2019-08-26 10:01:14

tronis

hi everyone i have got it to install by using another proxy now that i got it to install the vpn does not work i get this message anyone had any ideas.this is what i have tried so far

i have reset epic and i have deleted KalpSD_Ver71 folder vpn still not working anyone have same issue and is everyone elses vpn working ok

Board footer