Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-12-28 17:29:20

scabinum

Mac Error on download of new V 71.0.3578.98

After I download the latest version, I get this error:

["epic_71.0.3578.989.dmg" id damaged and can't be opened.  You should move it to the Trash.]

This is the Apple explanation when the “?” is clicked:

[The app has been modified and its code does not match the original signed code.  The app may be broken or corrupted, or it may have been tampered with.  Etc.]

I have downloaded the update twice with the same result.  Thank you all for such a wonderful product!  I hope
this has an easy fix.

Regards,
Steve

#2 2018-12-30 13:56:26

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Re: Mac Error on download of new V 71.0.3578.98

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience, these are the alternative steps you can follow to get the epic.
1. Restart your system, download the DMG file freshly and try installing the epic.
2. Download the "OS X zip" file from the link: https://epicbrowser.com/thank_you.php

Extract the content and replace the epic.app at the Applications folder.

If the above steps didn't work then please write back to us with detailed information about the system OS version, Hardware details.

Thanks.

#3 2019-01-09 10:43:36

kellynepal

I am having this very same issue.  After three attempts of downloading a fresh dmg file and still getting the  "epic_71.0.3578.989.dmg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash." message, I finally gave  and deleted Epic from my computer and then went to epicbrowser.com and downloaded epic from your webpage.  But when ever I open Epic, a new page opens telling me to download the latest version 71.0.3578.98.  Why isn't this new version already included in your epicbrowser.com page?  I am not as computer savy to understand what you mean by
"Extract the content" and replace the epic.app at the Applications folder.  How does one "extract" the content?

#4 2019-01-11 09:10:13

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience, these are the alternative steps you can follow to get the epic going.
1. Download the "OS X zip" file from the link: https://epicbrowser.com/thank_you.php
2. Extract the content of Epic.zip, once you extract it, you will get epic.app
3. Replace the old epic.app at the Applications folder with the new one.

If the above steps didn't work then please provide us with detailed information about the system. OS version, Hardware details.

Thanks
Shilad

Board footer