Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2020-02-21 17:18:23

mex

Latest version

Just updatet to latest version - but how to stop the following extension side from showing every time I start and restart Epic?

Furthermore - the yahoo searchbar is to narrow to the bookline-bar - if you could doubble or tripple the space between them it would be nice, and look better this way, I think.

Last edited by mex (2020-02-22 20:16:48)

#2 2020-08-08 19:54:17

mex

Re: Latest version

What is the purpose of this annoying pop-up thing ?

The browser needs to be updatet - and a overhaul.

It could just be me - starting from scratch, and until it`s fuld loaded, it takes about 4 to 5 minutes - and it came along with this yahoo thing.

#3 2020-09-05 22:30:52

Georgia

Does Epic Privacy Browser come in 64 bit or only 32 bit?

#4 2020-09-11 14:12:05

firemark

I think so too, that browser need big update to latest chromium build

#5 2020-09-13 14:26:41

jucaper

Greetings,

How well maintained is Epic? There is no 64 bits version available and the looks like the latest version is based on Chromium 80 while the latest stable version is 85.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

#6 2020-09-17 05:33:40

tigr

I have been using Epic for years, very happily, , but this latest version(Version 80.2.3988.123 (Official Build) (32-bit)) is rubbish.  Compared to previous versions, it crashes multiple times a day and takes a long time to load.  I am on Windows 10 and my spouse and children all with their own laptops have the same issue.  My adult children and wife have stopped using Epic all together with this release because of the instability. 

It would be nice if EPIC did not automatically update so you could revert to a stable version of the product.

This version (Version 80.2.3988.123 (Official Build) (32-bit)) is highly unstable.  As noted my family has the same issues with different laptops and different ISPs so it appears to be Epic that has the issues. 

This is very sad as I used the product for years, but now I am searching for an alternative.   

Are you getting reports of the instability.  I did try some of the tuning in the forum on acceleration but to no avail . 

Sigh...I miss the usable versions of Epic.

#7 2020-09-30 12:47:26

Benja

Security: I cannot see the epic browser in the Apple store anymore, it's gone. Also, links from the internet do not function.

#8 2020-10-20 21:29:40

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Hi, Epic should be in the iOS store.  Epic hasn't been in the Mac store yet...but we are adding it soon.  Sorry about any stability issues, we're launching a new Mac update almost immediately and working on a new Windows update...not sure why there were issues on some systems with the latest Windows update.  Epic right now supports 32 bit native which works on all systems, but we do plan to have a native 64 bit build in the future as well.

#9 2020-11-18 22:53:45

DwD

Recently updated MacOS to 11.0.1 and Epic 86.0.4240.111 64 bit and am experiencing perpetual crashes throughout the day. Not sure where the incompatibility is. Will sometimes launch Epic and it immediately shuts down. Sometimes it shuts down when opening a tab, sometimes when clicking on a video. Can't really correlate the shut down with any specific action but some days it shuts itself down 30-40 times. Been using Epic for a couple years and I love it, recommending to all my friends but it's becoming difficult to use the app these days. Sometimes when I simply wake my laptop Epic simply quits. This has only been happening in the past week or so. Thank you.

Last edited by DwD (2020-11-19 01:26:52)

#10 2021-02-16 04:29:41

philertman

I am trying to divest myself of GOOGLE an all of it's affiliates. I have already gotten rid of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Redfin. It is my personal belief these organizations have become to big and have actually become dangerous. I would like to know if the EPIC browser reports back to GOOGLE like
Chrome and  GOOGLE web browsers do.

#11 2021-03-04 10:42:54

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Epic does not send any browsing data anywhere, not to Google or anyone else.  The Widevine plugin which is proprietary and run by Google does ping Google's servers to check for updates, but otherwise there's no communication with Google servers.

#12 2021-05-30 23:03:29

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Again, no browsing history or address bar typing is sent anywhere except the website you are communicating with. 

Obviously if you do a search on any website then the search term you enter is sent to that website, that includes address bar searches which no by default go to Yahoo.   But again sites typed in the address are never sent to any server or anyone nor is there any local history to use.  The address bar auto-complete is done by a prepopulated local database plus your bookmarks -- so that Epic is convenient but also private (no web services).

Board footer