Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-05-25 18:51:12

jhogsett

installing extensions/plugins

I'm trying to install the extension and plugin for the video downloader, eagleget. I know how to do it in chrome, but don't see a way to do it here. Is it not possible?

#2 2016-08-15 05:35:03

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: installing extensions/plugins

Epic has blocked the installation of outside extensions (you should be able to access other plugins though) for security/privacy protection.

#3 2020-08-19 23:53:50

TheMadDude

How to install extensions on https://epicbrowser.com/webstore2/webstore/ after I've downloaded the selected extension " Example DarkReader.crx " But I can't work out how to actually install it. I double left click on it and it opens up a download option but as I've already downloaded it so it's pointless. I right click on it and left click on properties to left click on "Unblock" then left click on Apply then left click on OK but still I can't work out how to install it in Epic.

#4 2020-08-31 06:59:23

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Strange...it should install on its own into Epic as soon as it's downloaded.  Hmmm, not sure why it didn't work.  Please try installing it again via the webstore.

#5 2020-09-22 08:34:45

Lachmann

I can not install the extensions to Epic.
When i click the extensions then i can download .crx files to my download folder.
But how can i installed it?

#6 2020-09-24 01:32:20

Heysan2

Same problem ..

(I wrote something positive in forum-login password .., why in the password? Because it's private, get it?)

Last edited by Heysan2 (2020-09-24 01:34:29)

#7 2020-09-25 05:57:26

Ayneed

So it seems like this is a known issue with no solution?
It is my understanding that the Proxy/VPN came built into the browser in the past. Now they have to be installed from Extensions. But like everyone else, I just get a Save File window and it saves a .crx file to my downloads folder...

I really hope there is a workaround. I tried multiple times from the webstore - same problem. Resetting the browser also did not help.

Last edited by Ayneed (2020-09-25 05:58:23)

#8 2020-09-25 06:24:37

Ayneed

Looks like I found a solution to the "Extensions not installing" problem, which worked for me.

I uninstalled the browser from my PC and reinstalled it. Went straight to the Extensions store and clicked the two I wanted and while it still offered me to save a file, it also installed the extension in the browser as it should have done in the first place.

Looks like my browser is now working as intended.

#9 2020-10-01 09:05:01

MstrSrrl

I have the same problem.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Epic (even redownloaded the downloader) as Ayneed instructed, but still the same problem...

I find it rather odd that there is no way of installing official extensions from the official epic browser store in the Epic browser itself. I installed Epic for browsing without tracking, ads and more privacy, but it seems rather pointless now. Hope this will be fixed.

#10 2020-11-27 13:57:44

alehator

Lachmann wrote:

I can not install the extensions to Epic.
When i click the extensions then i can download .crx files to my download folder.
But how can i installed it?

SAME TROUBLE!

#11 2020-12-08 02:06:08

jrp

Well;
Same here regarding extensions.  I download them just fine... saved to downloads folder.  When clicking on the file to hopefully install it; it opens Microsoft Edge which is also on my machine. 
Help would be appreciated...

Mac 10.15.7

#12 2020-12-21 03:39:39

epicuser1221

Is there a way to install the downloaded extensions from Epic store, using command line with some parameters?

Automation is all!

#13 2020-12-30 00:06:09

kakemoms

Works from here.. Downloads, then Epic asks (in a popup window) if it should install it as an extension. Clicking "Add extension" then installs it?

#14 2021-01-17 03:24:18

BeeBeats

Figured it out, just go to downloads in advanced settings and make sure "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is turned on, then reboot browser and then "Open certain file types automatically after downloading" should appear, I also changed download location to C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Downloads, then the crx file should install, hope this helps.

#15 2021-01-22 16:44:11

hslondon

Same problem with Jan 2021 update. Have tried all the above suggestions, but .crx file can't be executed and 'Open certain files types automatically after downloading' doesn't appear. SOS!!

#16 2021-01-23 09:28:04

hslondon

Yippee! Extensions now install in the old one-click way. Thank you, Epic boffins from a relieved and happy user!

#17 2021-03-04 12:20:22

alok_epicteam
Administrator

One user reported that turning off his VPN then installing the extension from the Epic Webstore worked.  So please make sure Epic's encrypted proxy and any VPN on your system are all turned off before installing an extension.

Board footer